C4 Forums | Control4

Shairbridge Audio Drop Out

We were having audio drop-outs when using Shairbridge/Airplay, so the solution was to turn off advanced audio. This did work, but it induced a major delay in responsiveness. For example, selecting the next track appears instantaneous on your iPhone but the next track doesn't actually start playing for 5-10 seconds. This delay is consistent, but obviously annoying. EA-3 controller.

Has the audio drop-out problem been fixed? I'd like to have the advanced audio turned back on so we have normal response time.

Just wondering, how many audio zones do you have?

I'm sure your network is pretty solid but this issue can sometimes be related to wifi interferance.  Moving from wap to wap within the house seems to cause this problem for everyone. Try using a hardwired connection (itunes on a computer) to see if that plays any better. Or try to keep the ios device in one area. I do agree shairbridge needs to improve a little.

7 independent zones, with 1 "whole house" combo of the 6 inside zones.

Dealer and I both agree that it's not the wifi. It's solid with no interference. Besides, airplay direct to any other device (Denon AVR, Pioneer AVR, Echo Dot, etc.) is rock solid with no dropouts or delay. It's only via Shairbridge airplay targets that this is an issue.

Maybe they'll fix it with 3.0.0 or 2.10 or whatever is next.

45 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Try using a hardwired connection (itunes on a computer) to see if that plays any better.

No, it's the same as playing from an iPhone. Significantly delayed. iMac is wired and one of the zones is that office. I can airplay to that zone and it's annoyingly delayed. I can airplay to the echo dot and select that as a source in the room and no delay. Gotta be shairbridge/advanced audio deal, don't you think?

I suppose you could tweak the advanced audio settings and reduce the quality to 96khz/24 bit (although that usually only applies for high quality local audio) and eventually drop it to cd quality if no improvement. Worth a try.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I had heard this problem had been fixed on 2.9.1

Me too.

My dealer is busy with baby due anytime now. I'm wondering if I can turn on Advanced Audio myself and see if the drop outs return? This delayed response time is super annoying. I don't know if that's something I can try with Composer HE or not?

Look for Digital Media in the room your primary controller is in.  Or if there's actual speaker point drivers in your project, find them and select Local Amp Mode.  You'll now get the option to select Advanced Audio Mode.  Older speaker point drivers are added to turn off advanced audio (even if you don't actually have one).  If you actually have speaker points, those zones will now be isolated when you select Local Amp.

6 hours ago, dcovach said:

Look for Digital Media in the room your primary controller is in.  Or if there's actual speaker point drivers in your project, find them and select Local Amp Mode.  You'll now get the option to select Advanced Audio Mode.  Older speaker point drivers are added to turn off advanced audio (even if you don't actually have one).  If you actually have speaker points, those zones will now be isolated when you select Local Amp.

Yeah, there is a speaker point and digital media in a hidden room with advanced audio turned off. Checked Local Amp and Advanced Audio and it didn't help any. There is still a 6 second delay, or longer. Bummer. 

2 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Yeah, there is a speaker point and digital media in a hidden room with advanced audio turned off. Checked Local Amp and Advanced Audio and it didn't help any. There is still a 6 second delay, or longer. Bummer. 

Was that delay still happening after a refresh navs or primary controller reboot?

Archived