C4 Forums | Control4

Voice scene doesn't respond

I've recently purchased an Echo Dot and completed the basic setup using the free C4 Alexa driver.  I can control lights, etc.  I've also added the Voice Scene driver and created a scene called "Netflix in Family Room".   I've programmed the scene to "select the Netflix as the video source in the Family Room".  I've also confirmed that within the Control4 customer portal the "Netflix in Family Room" Alexa skill is listed.  When I ask Alexa to "turn on Netflix in the Family Room" she responds by saying that it's not responding.  Is there anything I'm missing?

The best way to get 100% execution is the following:

1. (Function)-Alexa, turn On/Off/Up/Down/Set

2. (Location)- Living Room, Master, Bathroom, etc.

3. (Source)- Net flicks, Cable, Blue Ray, Can Lights, etc.

Example:

(1) Alexa, turn on (2) Living (3) Cable.

(1) Alexa, set (2) Master (3) Can Lights to 50%.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, dipskhatri said:

Does anyone know why the volume part of the voice control does not work, it shows up as a command in Alexa (or even in members area C4 for Alexa) but when you command it, it does not respond, so I'm not able to control the volume :(

what is the device? does it support discrete volume control?

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

what is the device? does it support discrete volume control?

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean, I'm trying to use Alexa to control the volume for the speakers that I have in my ceilings (all over my house) for when I'm playing the radio or any another music via napster. 

Just now, dipskhatri said:

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean, I'm trying to use Alexa to control the volume for the speakers that I have in my ceilings (all over my house) for when I'm playing the radio or any another music via napster. 

but what is the amp? is it a control4 amp?

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

that should work

I can see the voice commands in C4 i.e.

Alexa, turn on Kitchen Volume.
Alexa, turn off Kitchen Volume.
Alexa, set Kitchen Volume to 50%.
Alexa, increase Kitchen Volume by 10%.
Alexa, decrease Kitchen Volume by 20%.

but does nothing :(

• 11 months later...

Having trouble trying to control volume in rooms. When I say "Alexa set the volume in the Kitchen to 20" it says "Kitchen doesn't support that". It is the same for volume in all rooms but mute, skip, pause, play, etc. works. Is there something in Composer that needs to be done before volume control can be used?

1 hour ago, Baubas Cat said:

Having trouble trying to control volume in rooms. When I say "Alexa set the volume in the Kitchen to 20" it says "Kitchen doesn't support that". It is the same for volume in all rooms but mute, skip, pause, play, etc. works. Is there something in Composer that needs to be done before volume control can be used?

Did you enable volume controls in the my.control4.com portal?

Archived