C4 Fan

DirecTV HS-17 (Genie 2) - New drivers required?

7 posts in this topic

I'm considering updating my DirecTV system from DVRs to the new HS-17 (Genie 2) with the C61K clients.  Does anyone know if new drivers are required or would the drivers for the DirecTV HR54 likely work?  My current DVRs are connected via IR bugs.  HC-800 controller.

Thank you.

the hs17 is a server it does not have a video output so you would be controlling the minis like normal.

mini's however do not have power control and i believe the new server allows 7 at a time so you will need to turn them on and off with ir if you need it.

On 8/7/2017 at 2:51 PM, Matt Lowe said:

the hs17 is a server it does not have a video output so you would be controlling the minis like normal.

mini's however do not have power control and i believe the new server allows 7 at a time so you will need to turn them on and off with ir if you need it.

when i had Directv, i thought i just leaved the mini clients on all the time....

On 8/8/2017 at 5:55 PM, ejn1 said:

when i had Directv, i thought i just leaved the mini clients on all the time....

you can do this but the Genie servers have a limit of how many clients can be active at one time. If you have more clients then the genie can handle.

This HS17 is the most bizarre thing. Looks like a giant modem, not rack mountable, no local video support, only 7 tuners. Reported a 25% speed boos to the clients which is nice. Can not be paired with any other dvr and only one on the account total. So more like an in-and-out for the ATT techs. 

11 hours ago, thecodeman said:

This HS17 is the most bizarre thing. Looks like a giant modem, not rack mountable, no local video support, only 7 tuners. Reported a 25% speed boos to the clients which is nice. Can not be paired with any other dvr and only one on the account total. So more like an in-and-out for the ATT techs. 

I thought same thing but I guess it saves the space in one location which can now use the client instead of main unit...    I switched to the DISH Hopper from Directv but left my Directv Dish up so i can go back and forth in the future.  

20 minutes ago, ejn1 said:

I thought same thing but I guess it saves the space in one location which can now use the client instead of main unit...    I switched to the DISH Hopper from Directv but left my Directv Dish up so i can go back and forth in the future.  

I recently switched to Dish as well at my own home, and I love the hopper 3.