Engineerisaac

Card Access Thermostat Driver

Back in the day when Cardaccess was its own entity. They had a thermostat driver that connected to their sensors to display the reading from the temp sensors built in to show on a Read Only Thermostat driver. 

Anybody know where I can find that old beautiful driver now that the cardaccess site is all but lost. Or does anybody have that driver?

I did a search on this site to no avail.

Sorry. This is a total loss. However, there is another one that I have used. Will respond back when I find it.

Happy Automating!!

I figured I've been hunting for weeks to find nothing. I've been tempted to write my own driver but I'm always one that if the wheel is invented why re-invent. 

If you do have a substitute I would greatly appreciate it.

Ah yes. This kinda works. 

The Cardaccess driver spits the temp variable out as a string field. and the axxess driver requires a number field. I figured out how to make it work with Alan's variable converter driver. 

Thanks for helping I do appreciate it. I was only looking to see if there was a direct driver. Hoping the skip the conversion process. Now if only The Axxess people had not encrypted the driver. Then I would just change it.

Don't be shy, you can always ask them. It is an old driver that has been around a very long time. They may be willing to allow you to modify it, or they may make the modification themselves. All that will cost you is the five minutes to compose an email. If you would like to use me as a dealer to back you up, you're welcome to.
Vince@lavu.ca

Happy Automating!!

I have used c4's wireless contact switch (on batteries) with a generic thermostat driver.  It will show temp on navigators and you can program notifications if temp rises above threshhold..

Since i was vague on how i did this with a wireless c4 contact/relay sensor, I used the thermostat driver from the yatun site with some bindings and programming.  Works well

Personally I would kill to get a login on that website for a dealer but they're not letting us Americans in.

They have a free light switch to relay driver which is awesome

Hmm.. I'm canadian and i got accepted. Just email direct for dealer access. I had to wait a bit but it was worth the patience.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

As far as I know the driver for the Card Access equipment is as follows;

"temp_tstat.c4i"

see file attached, simply add that to your Drivers folder then select via Search on Composer & add to your project.

Hope that helps.

temp_tstat.c4i

On 8/8/2017 at 3:00 PM, dcovach said:

Since i was vague on how i did this with a wireless c4 contact/relay sensor, I used the thermostat driver from the yatun site with some bindings and programming.  Works well

Curious as to what bindings you made? Are you using his latest thermostat driver or the original one?

I use the Thermostat Display Driver as you can't control the temperature with this driver.  

The new Z2IO's have a native control4 driver for temperature display.