C4 Forums | Control4

Accessing listen, watch etc as a default value in programming?

tims

Hi guys, 

So I am trying to program Alexa to open my security cameras by voice triggering the GUI to open my downstairs cameras which will then open control 4 GUI then select cameras to display but is there a better way?

Right now There does not seem to be a way to open or trigger "security" everytime which would give me a good starting point for programming. 

.Any ideas? Using EA5. Thanks guys

Before the ea series controllers came out, it was possible program a bookmark to pop up on a tv nav. Doesn't work anymore.

Two options.

a) make an announcent to pop up on a tv nav and ad the url of the camera stream

b) program the proper sequence of button presses to simultate getting a tv nav to display and move to security icon and desired camera.  

Eg. If room is on

send command control4 to room

Delay 500ms

Send command pulse left (if thats the direction you always have to move everytime you press 4 on a c4 remote.

Delay 500ms

Insert more pulse directions and delays inbetween commands until you get to the camera

send command select (on desired camera)

Something like that

Thsnks for the info. 

B is is exactly what I did. The problem is that C4 remembers ur last place u visited so if u start with listen then it will remember listen but if u go to watch it will start from watch etc.... I am trying to figure out how to start the programming from security every time or at least the same c4 starting point like security, watch, listen etc.   

Thsnks for the info. 

B is is exactly what I did. The problem is that C4 remembers ur last place u visited so if u start with listen then it will remember listen but if u go to watch it will start from watch etc.... I am trying to figure out how to start the programming from security every time or at least the same c4 starting point like security, watch, listen etc.   
Manually test how many pulse up and left commands it requires to get you to the same starting point in your nav. Include that at the beginning of your programming before you program sequence to pulse direction commands to move to security

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, tims said:
See, thats the problem exactly. How would I know where someone was the last time.....

Shouldn't matter. Assume last icon selected was bottom right location. Find a sequence that gets you to the top left and rests at the same spot consistently (regardless if what icon was selected last). If you turn the room off and turn nav on again, you'll be in the man nav screen.

Gotcha. The issue is this. If someone chooses anything other than security it will start for the wrong place which would only get u to the main GUI not the security cameras..... I was just wondering if anyone knew of a work around that could get u to the same starting point regardless of where you were before...

Thanks tho

first program a sequence that always gets you to a "home" spot. Eg, it might require a 4 button press followed by 3 up and 3 left commands to get there regardless of which icon was last used. Might depend if room is already on or not. you don't need all those commands if last icon selected was "watch" but you might if last selected was "lighting" or "settings". The sequence is supposed to get you to a common starting point for all scenarios. Then program sequence to get to security, which might be different from room to room.  I would make these sequences a macro once you figure it all out

By the time you make this work, hopefully c4 enables the bookmark recall feature to work with ea controllers in the next update. Cedia is less than a month away.  Theres always new announcements and usually a director update (historically speaking).

Boooo..... ok, has been a very long time since I have made an onscreen macro. The time between Control4 commands can be 25ms

Dcovach has the right idea about pressing ups and lefts until the cursor ends up in a common location before working your way back down to sec. icon.

Happy Automating!!

Yes, I had actually just set up my own onscreen for the first time in my own home. And was testing this. If I go up all the way to the room name it's left twice after that gets me security every time. No delays between commands.

Happy Automating!!

Archived