tims

Google home driver issue all of a sudden

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys, been using the epic driver for a while and love it when it works but recently it just quit working. My assumption is that is related rooms requirement now needed by Google. Any feedback?  

Fyi, I emailed epic But have not gotten a response. Maybe he will see this. 

Thanks guys. 

In the LUA there is nothing getting out from C4 to google according to this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgd2qad48wmqksg/Screenshot 2017-08-13 10.22.04.png?dl=0

On each Google voice command Google home just says something went wrong but all my devices show in Google home so the link to HUE is fine...  It appears that the communication to Google from C4 is missing

How odd... So I reloaded the driver and started putting all the settings back in and its working. No idea whats up here but it looks like the fix is to reload the driver and redo everything..... Waiting for input from ARI

False alarm. It must be something to do with authentication on the driver end.... I started a new driver and it worked for a minute then just quit.... We will have to wait for ARI to figure out what is going on here....

As previously stated - we do NOT constantly monitor c4forums.com 24/7.  If you have an issue, please email support@epic-systems.com and we will respond during normal working hours (M-F, 9am - 5pm MST).  We have only received ONE email from tims and it came this weekend and I responded yesterday eve (Sunday).

thanks for wanting to help, however just because you are having issues with the driver, doesn't mean that the driver is broken.  We have THOUSANDS of people using the driver and if it were broken, surely I would be hearing from more than 1-2 people.

1 minute ago, AK1 said:

Hi Ari, my client bkrause forwarded me a copy of his email to you on the same issue that he sent yesterday around 12:30pm. Is there an update?

Yes I responded to his email this morning and we have been trading emails back and forth.

Just telling you what I am seeing :). BTW nothing changed just no communication from C4 to Google in the LUA. I am seeing communication back from Google.

FYI,
Ari (Chopedogg88) has been awesome trying to help figure this out and he is even doing this on vacation. I am going to be back at that house later in the weeks to test somethings and will update the group once I see what is going on. 

Thanks ARI!