C4 Forums | Control4

Google home driver issue all of a sudden

tims

Hi guys, been using the epic driver for a while and love it when it works but recently it just quit working. My assumption is that is related rooms requirement now needed by Google. Any feedback?  

Fyi, I emailed epic But have not gotten a response. Maybe he will see this. 

Thanks guys. 

In the LUA there is nothing getting out from C4 to google according to this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgd2qad48wmqksg/Screenshot 2017-08-13 10.22.04.png?dl=0

On each Google voice command Google home just says something went wrong but all my devices show in Google home so the link to HUE is fine...  It appears that the communication to Google from C4 is missing

How odd... So I reloaded the driver and started putting all the settings back in and its working. No idea whats up here but it looks like the fix is to reload the driver and redo everything..... Waiting for input from ARI

False alarm. It must be something to do with authentication on the driver end.... I started a new driver and it worked for a minute then just quit.... We will have to wait for ARI to figure out what is going on here....

As previously stated - we do NOT constantly monitor c4forums.com 24/7.  If you have an issue, please email support@epic-systems.com and we will respond during normal working hours (M-F, 9am - 5pm MST).  We have only received ONE email from tims and it came this weekend and I responded yesterday eve (Sunday).

thanks for wanting to help, however just because you are having issues with the driver, doesn't mean that the driver is broken.  We have THOUSANDS of people using the driver and if it were broken, surely I would be hearing from more than 1-2 people.

FYI,
Ari (Chopedogg88) has been awesome trying to help figure this out and he is even doing this on vacation. I am going to be back at that house later in the weeks to test somethings and will update the group once I see what is going on. 

Thanks ARI!

I fully agree with tims, Ari was very gracious and took time from his vacation to help me rectify the issue.   Further, he looked at some of my programming and gave me tips on how to program the voice control more efficiently while providing more control.  BTW, on a separate thread, I poorly worded a question about how to control volume levels.  the Epic driver can do what I wanted very easily.    THANKS Ari!

BK  

Just a quick update on Google home. I removed the driver and all previous setup, removed all homes (3 of them) and hue relationship to google then added back the driver and some scenes then reset hue back to work with Google via an Android tablet and it's back to working.

No idea what happened or why but it looks like something got corrupted in the driver. It's working now but will keep u updsted should it changed. Now I will try out Ari's alexa driver

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, 
So Ari fixed the driver login issue that was created by the new C4 software for the EPIC Google driver but since then the driver does not work the same at all.. I had all the voice commands setup and working fine but now anything that has the word light in it along with many other commands just turn on everything in the room where as before this fix for the login issue everything worked fine.... Here is some examples:

Downstairs lights use to run a command to turn on a custom scene with a few lights downstairs but everything in the room just comes on instead. This also happens in every room... Not only that but it seems that now many of the commands in general don't work that use to. Its almost like Google lost their ability to to be term specific correctly or there is something in the driver not working right. Ari says they only had an issue with the login...

Anyone else seeing this same issue? Just curios?

Archived