56 members have voted

1. 1. FREE Driver Development options

• Kodi
    • Wink
    • CyberQ - BBQ Controller
    • Stoker II - BBQ Controller
    • GlobalCache IR Input Driver
    • RING - Doorbell Notifications

Just an update, we got a last minute contract for a driver a company needed before CEDIA. We are now in San Diego, so nothing will get done until we get back.  Driver is almost done, so we will be releasing shortly after we are back.

Hang tight!!!

You will love the that this driver is true real-time feedback!!  

Being free contracts that pay the bills are a priority. We might even live stream the last development.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back working on Kodi, had a longer hiatus than I planned due to CEDIA.

Here's the latest update as of working on it a bit today:

• Added the rest of the root menus
  • Added settings for enabling and disabling each menu
  • Added support for playing the rest of the media types
  • Added support for notifications and added the LiNK Reveal binding for integration with the rest of our notification type drivers
  • Currently implementing dynamic buttons so you can configure each button on the remote
  • Currently implementing PVR API's for live TV which is the last portion of the driver before we release for alpha and get feedback for more features

I'm aiming to have the alpha released before the end of September as long as I have a couple hours next week, if you're interested you can PM me now and I'll provide the driver to you as soon as I'm complete with the PVR API and dynamic buttons.

1 hour ago, TheWizard said:

I'm back working on Kodi, had a longer hiatus than I planned due to CEDIA.

Here's the latest update as of working on it a bit today:

• Added the rest of the root menus
  • Added settings for enabling and disabling each menu
  • Added support for playing the rest of the media types
  • Added support for notifications and added the LiNK Reveal binding for integration with the rest of our notification type drivers
  • Currently implementing dynamic buttons so you can configure each button on the remote
  • Currently implementing PVR API's for live TV which is the last portion of the driver before we release for alpha and get feedback for more features

I'm aiming to have the alpha released before the end of September as long as I have a couple hours next week, if you're interested you can PM me now and I'll provide the driver to you as soon as I'm complete with the PVR API and dynamic buttons.

happy to help with any testing, Spent my whole weekend watching the stream and was impressed.

6 hours ago, mallom said:

I watched the live stream and was really impressed by the work you did. Great job!

Will this driver require the Link driver too? Because it is free, I am going to guess that it should not need it. 

Thanks!

Although the driver will be FREE and require $0 it will require the LiNK driver as we want to know how many people are using the driver.  From time to time if we do FREE drivers where we weren't contracted and paid to do these things we still want to know that it was a good investment of our resources.

A dealer will go through the checkout process but pay nothing just like with our DoorBird driver.

Although the driver will be FREE and require $0 it will require the LiNK driver as we want to know how many people are using the driver.  From time to time if we do FREE drivers where we weren't contracted and paid to do these things we still want to know that it was a good investment of our resources.

Understood. Thank you!

CyberQ would be cool.  For Kodi I just use the shield tv.   Wink would also be cool.

Another option would be reverse engineer a balboa hot tub driver.  I'd be willing to help with that if necessary.  I'm certain I could help decode the packets from the wifi-app and help provide the format that incoming data comes in.

On 21/09/2017 at 11:44 PM, JustinL said:

CyberQ would be cool.  For Kodi I just use the shield tv.   Wink would also be cool.

Another option would be reverse engineer a balboa hot tub driver.  I'd be willing to help with that if necessary.  I'm certain I could help decode the packets from the wifi-app and help provide the format that incoming data comes in.

Yes +1 for the balboa driver 

Alpha will be going out tomorrow to all those that PM'd me. There are still things to be done but I've been using it daily and it works quite well.

To do:

• Implement various Kodi Commands for use in programming
    • Show Notification (Toast)
    • Play media
    • Play favourite
    • Change of various kodi settings
  • Implement actions on the now playing screen
    • Trigger 'fullscreen'
    • Add/Remove favourite
    • Find similar
  • Cleanup icons to make them more uniform
  • General polish

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2017 at 10:28 PM, TheWizard said:

Alpha will be going out tomorrow to all those that PM'd me. There are still things to be done but I've been using it daily and it works quite well.

To do:

• Implement various Kodi Commands for use in programming
    • Show Notification (Toast)
    • Play media
    • Play favourite
    • Change of various kodi settings
  • Implement actions on the now playing screen
    • Trigger 'fullscreen'
    • Add/Remove favourite
    • Find similar
  • Cleanup icons to make them more uniform
  • General polish

just curious where things are at with this please? I have not seen any further news?

thanks

We're working on some other things at the moment that have taken priority, if you want access to the alpha shoot me a message. We haven't got a lot of feedback, although there does seem to be a specific video addon causing issues.

I'll likely have time later in November to wrap things up.

Archived