C4 Forums | Control4

Wands dropping off zigbee

Working my sharebridge issues right before ankle surgery was monumentally stupid. We reset both the network and EA-3 in that process. Of course he made sure it was all up to speed before we both left for a long weekend. I returned from the surgery (trippin to pain meds) to find neither wand working. And the C4 app returning Error 500. Unplugging the EA-3 for a cold reboot fixes the wands, but still get Error 500 on the iOS C4 app. 

Won't be long and wands will fall off again. I can Remote Desktop into Composer if there is an easy fix in there  Or obvious Luxul changes, I can do those from bed, too  Reading the network KB article references a lot of settings I can't find (yet) in the Luxul router, wireless controller, and the switch  so I'd need specific help there. (See my post in remote integrators coming shortly)

Thanks

2 hours ago, Elvis said:

Error 500 on the iOS C4 app

Since you just went through a major network change and controller factory reset, delete the ios app and try connecting to your system again.

2 hours ago, Elvis said:

Won't be long and wands will fall off again

Do a network reset on the remotes.  Press Room off, #, * , 1, 3, 4, 1, 3.  Your dealer will need to disconnect and re-identify those again too.    BTW, when you say "wand" I'm assuming you mean C4 remotes?!?  

2 hours ago, Elvis said:

network KB article references a lot of settings I can't find (yet) in the Luxul router, wireless controller, and the switch

There's a list of what to disable and enable so you will need some guidance from someone who's found those settings in that equipment before.

Hopefully you have an easy recovery.

23 minutes ago, dcovach said:

delete the ios app

Did the trick but only as reliable as my dandruff-ridden network. Very Flaky. 

Network reset of the SR-260 (wand) remotes on tap for tomorrow. 

guidance

Going to call some locals tomorrow. It's over my head and headed to eBay eventually. Need to get it back up to speed more for my wife's work than anything. 

easy recovery

Thank you. 

Archived