C4 Forums | Control4

Audio sensing with EA-3

drmark12pa

Is there any way to program an audio sensing command using Composer via and EA-3?  I know that the EA-3 has the ability in the left hand programming tree (Script command) for audio sense.  However, I am trying to program "If KITCHEN audio turned on (via voice command with Alexa) --> If EA-3 senses audio, then set KITCHEN audio to XXXX"

18 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

Is there any way to program an audio sensing command using Composer via and EA-3?  I know that the EA-3 has the ability in the left hand programming tree (Script command) for audio sense.  However, I am trying to program "If KITCHEN audio turned on (via voice command with Alexa) --> If EA-3 senses audio, then set KITCHEN audio to XXXX"

The EA controllers don't  can sense audio like the C4 matrix.  Program an action to occur when audio starts at input 1, 2, etc....  Anyways, like @Matt Lowe said, add the Echo Dot source driver so that you can program a voice command to turn that source on, and then program a second voice command to start an audio source (if not using the built in Amazon Echo streaming services with the Echo device).

Basically, that's what I did.... "Echo, turn on KITCHEN Amazon dot" then "Echo, play the Beatles Channel on Sirius XM" and that will work.  I did have it originally programmed under the EA-3 for Audio Sense and "Analog Audio 1 Starts" the programming would automatically select the Amazon dot.  However, I was finding this was randomly turning on the radio at various times so to make it less sensitive I'll have to use 2 commands and be less lazy hahaha

19 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

I did have it originally programmed under the EA-3 for Audio Sense and "Analog Audio 1 Starts" the programming

19 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

I was finding this was randomly turning on the radio at various times

Are you saying "Alexa stop" when you're finished listening to an amazon stream service out of the echo dot? It will play all day long unless you say that command (even if you turned off the room). C4 can't stop the amazon stream from playing.

Just trying to understand if audio sensing actually works on the ea controllers. The c4 matrix has audio sensing but if the room is turned off and audio source is still playing, it could randomly turn the room on again (with programming for Audio sensing) at any moment (or hours later... even 3am). The audio source needs to be turned off too after a room off command. 

Archived