C4 Forums | Control4

NON-Audio Alexa trigger help

thinslis

My Audio triggers and Lights are working just fine. Anything that has programming not Audio I get "XYZ does not support that". I'm using the Control4 Voice scene driver.

I'm sure it's something simple, any help would be appreciated. 

Example: Alexa turn on Fireplace... returns "Fireplace does not support that"... The programming has Turn Fireplace switch On as the code. 

That wasn't it. Control4 restricts some things that Alexa can do. Once you tie the Fireplace switch to a voice scene, it is flagged as Prohibited and blocked from Alexa. I think the same is true for the security system. As soon as I linked my alarm to a voice scene it was flagged prohibited. I was trying to set it to turn the house off and arm the alarm.

I would guess that if you run a macro from the voice scene and control the fireplace (or alarm) from the macro that will sort the problem. Or maybe not (I've never bothered trying this), maybe big brother is smart enough to stop that (but do you really want to do this and have Alexa misinterpret something someone says elsewhere in the house and turn the fire on in summer when someone has left a newspaper on top of it...)?

Archived