C4 Forums | Control4

announcements return to previous audio

drmark12pa

I've just programmed an announcement to use in my kitchen for when a kitchen timer has expired.  My intent is to use it to announce in several rooms when a cooking timer is done so as to not forget something is still in the oven for example.

What I've found is that the announcement plays, interrupting the current audio that I'm listening to, but then when the audio returns to playing the source when I'm using my Sirius Internet tabletop radio, the channel changes.  I've watched the IR emitter and apparently once the announcement is complete, C4 is sending some sort of IR signal I'm assuming for a previous channel?  I'm a bit confused and just want the audio source to return to what it was previously.

When I play the announcement over DIGITAL MEDIA (ie music streaming via my hard driver for example) the music goes back to what was playing without incident.

I do have the Snapshot driver I could use though I haven't played around with that yet.

Any ideas on how to prevent the ANNOUNCEMENTS from trying to alter the channel once they are done playing?

Ok, problem solved... but very very weird solution....

I found that under the programming for when the ANNOUNCEMENT triggers, that it was showing programming to change the channel which makes no sense since I literally just created that timer today and did not put any programming under it.... so not sure how that magically appeared under that programming.... very odd!

2 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

Ok, problem solved... but very very weird solution....

I found that under the programming for when the ANNOUNCEMENT triggers, that it was showing programming to change the channel which makes no sense since I literally just created that timer today and did not put any programming under it.... so not sure how that magically appeared under that programming.... very odd!

Weird!

Archived