28 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Its a premium channel, costs $10 per year.  Does not have a "close" action.  

Checked it out and cancelled immediately.  

ROFL...sounds useless...

44 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

You mean it doesn't have open option.....

9 minutes ago, ecschnei said:

You mean it doesn't have open option.....

56 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

I think both actions are possible, unless I'm not reading this right

https://ifttt.com/myq_devices

I'm going to use this thread for a simple question that my overly simple mind is struggling with... I have cat5 run close to both of my garage doors.  How do I hardwire them so I get status (open/closed) of my door and control?

Thank you,

Do they home run back to a controller, if so what kind. Need to find out if your current controller has enough sensor and relays ports, if you need to use the cat cables for a controller at each motor, or if a zigbee solution is best. I used these sensors wired into a HC300 for mine since the 300 was collecting dust

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006M1I1W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20170901_123518.jpg

On 9/1/2017 at 11:19 AM, sonic30101 said:

Do they home run back to a controller, if so what kind. Need to find out if your current controller has enough sensor and relays ports, if you need to use the cat cables for a controller at each motor, or if a zigbee solution is best. I used these sensors wired into a HC300 for mine since the 300 was collecting dust

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006M1I1W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20170901_123518.jpg

Sonic,

I have an EA-5 with all of my ports open except the serial 1 port...runs to my Honeywell CBM module.  My garage doors are both MyQ and I know there are drivers but they need internet to work.  I'm looking for a solution that is instantaneous.  The Cat5 cables run back to my switch which is also right next to my EA-5.  I seen on the internet there is a way to "patch into" the back of the on-wall door control boxes but I wanted to hear what the professionals say.

Most of the lower end MyQ motors allow you to tie into the motor directly for relay control.  If your model doesn't allow that, then buy a spare wall station and solder a cable to the push button.  That will act just as if its directly connected.