C4 Forums | Control4

What TVs support IP Control

Terry Gore

Question

I'm looking to purchase some new TVs but would like to control them over IP and not have the IR requirement.  What recommendations are there for TV's?  I think I saw something from Annex for LG but not sure how much that costs.  I think Sony supports IP Control as well, what about Samsung?  Any information on this topic would be appreciated.

15 answers to this question

Where are you located?  Note that as others have mentioned, Samsung's IP Control functionality is available in the US, and possibly other locations, but may not be available in all regions yet.

2017 models in the US, no problem, showing it at CEDIA.

RyanE

I'm in the US - so I think I will make a purchase on the Samsung line since I have several already... Do all the 2017 4K units with Ethernet have this ability?  I suppose Ethernet is required and WOL can't work over WiFi?  I noticed my Samsung Frame TV is not listed in the drivers, but assume any of the Network drivers should work (UN55MU8000).  Is there really any difference in the various drivers?  For example is the UN55MU6300 different from the UN55MU8000?

Thanks

On 9/1/2017 at 0:36 PM, Terry Gore said:

I'm looking to purchase some new TVs but would like to control them over IP and not have the IR requirement.  What recommendations are there for TV's?  I think I saw something from Annex for LG but not sure how much that costs.  I think Sony supports IP Control as well, what about Samsung?  Any information on this topic would be appreciated.

The annex lg driver imo is the best tv driver, and i hope more drivers using this format become the standard.

toast messages

power off volume

linkage to other devices for info feedback

ip feedback of status to connected tv.

13 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

The annex lg driver imo is the best tv driver, and i hope more drivers using this format become the standard.

toast messages

power off volume

linkage to other devices for info feedback

ip feedback of status to connected tv.

Thanks... do you have a ballpark for a single driver?  I went through their course and they are giving me a hard time because I'm a developer and not a partner.

On 9/2/2017 at 9:21 AM, Terry Gore said:

Thanks for the great responses... I also have an Epson 6040UB and I only see an IR driver for this unit (5040UB).  Will one of the Epson Projector IP drivers work with my projector?  Thanks

Did you ever figure anything out about this?  I just ordered the 5040UB and would prefer to avoid IR as well.

Archived