C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain chunk.io driver stopped uploading

jfh

I just got my wireless doorbell online after being offline a couple days.

chunk.io in the notification suite is not uploading files.  Looking in the error log the driver is reporting the service is unavailable. hTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable 

Followed by a web page that says application error which might be 175: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Two things:

1) is there a way to add an event to the driver that can be triggered if a file upload fails?

2) can anyone give me an idea of if this is a chunk.io server issue (my guess) or anything I can look at/try to fix?

note- it's possible this hasn't been working since the change from HouseLogix.  I don't have logs from the last few weeks.

i can reach the chunk.io site, so it doesn't seem to be a local network issue.

I am looking at the properties page for the chunk.io driver.  It has the old form with Activation Key and Activation Status as it looked under HouseLogix and does not have an Activation Status of "Lisense Activated" used in driverCentral.

is there a new chunk.io driver that I need?  The one that's active says version 8.4.3

i also tried using the Pushover driver, but it references devianstart in the service unavailable message

2 hours ago, alanchow said:

We recently discovered that chunk.io has deliberately broken our access to their stuff.

in the meantime please use the pushsafer driver as this has native image upload built in.

Hi Alan

I noticed this as well.  Is there a limit on Pushsafer?  I created an account and it says I have 20 messages.  And then I see an area where I can buy more messages.  So this is going to cost me now per message sent?

I also have your IFTTT driver - all I am trying to accomplish is when my door bell/door station rings, send the photo of who is at the door to my cell phone(s).  

Any suggestions?  

2 hours ago, alanchow said:

We recently discovered that chunk.io has deliberately broken our access to their stuff.

in the meantime please use the pushsafer driver as this has native image upload built in.

I thought pushsafer only worked with Windows 10?  I need the messages to work on IOS devices

if they deliberately broke access, I'm guessing that's not encouraging for the future :(

6 hours ago, eggzlot said:

Hi Alan

I noticed this as well.  Is there a limit on Pushsafer?  I created an account and it says I have 20 messages.  And then I see an area where I can buy more messages.  So this is going to cost me now per message sent?

I also have your IFTTT driver - all I am trying to accomplish is when my door bell/door station rings, send the photo of who is at the door to my cell phone(s).  

Any suggestions?  

Unfortunately the issue is with image uploading.  We are investigating alternative services for now.

pushsafer is a premium service so you need to pay sorry

6 hours ago, jfh said:

I thought pushsafer only worked with Windows 10?  I need the messages to work on IOS devices

if they deliberately broke access, I'm guessing that's not encouraging for the future :(

Push safer does offer iOS, android and windows 10 applications.  It is a premium service but the image uploads are hosted in their own internal server.

Ok.  Will look at setting up Pushsafer.

in the inrerium, how can I (can I?) use the SMTP driver to send an email with the picture without uploading it?  (Picture is a local network camera URL)

Where should we look to keep apprised on future changes to the notification suite?

16 hours ago, jfh said:

i also tried using the Pushover driver, but it references devianstart in the service unavailable message

I thought the devianstart service was for the image hosting portion of the chunk.io portion only and not the pushover service?

Maybe Alan can clarify?

6 minutes ago, jfh said:

@alanchow. Should we consider the chunk.io driver obsolete and have it removed from our project?  

Yes

2 hours ago, jfh said:

Ok.  Will look at setting up Pushsafer.

in the inrerium, how can I (can I?) use the SMTP driver to send an email with the picture without uploading it?  (Picture is a local network camera URL)

Where should we look to keep apprised on future changes to the notification suite?

Our SMTP driver attaches images to the email.  No 3rd party services used.  Its the best way of doing it to be honest.

All of our updates will be uploaded to driverCentral.  There is a changelog section for each product which we use as well to advise of any driver updates

13 minutes ago, vstar said:

I thought the devianstart service was for the image hosting portion of the chunk.io portion only and not the pushover service?

Maybe Alan can clarify?

Deciantsart was the service we used before chunk.io.  I am starting to think we may need to create our own service to stop breakage going forward.

12 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Deciantsart was the service we used before chunk.io.  I am starting to think we may need to create our own service to stop breakage going forward.

ah, i see, so just to clarify it is not tied to the pushover portion correct?

reason i ask is i was just about to purchase the driver package 50% for the smtp portion and 50% for the pushover portion. just wanted to be sure that the pushover is still fully functioning? thanks.

6 minutes ago, vstar said:

reason i ask is i was just about to purchase the driver package 50% for the smtp portion and 50% for the pushover portion. just wanted to be sure that the pushover is still fully functioning? thanks.

I can't get pushover to send a picture, but it works for sending text messages

5 hours ago, vstar said:

Yep it'll work fine for what you want.  It's only the image upload for pushover and chunk.io functionality that is effected.

Rats... this is rather frustrating. So I second the support for you developing a service to replace chunk.io

My dealer updated all my Chowmain drivers and a couple of others to DriverCentral... took him a good couple of hours.  :wacko:

The IFTTT Maker driver stalled after he did the updates and is currently not working. Is there a known issue? My dealer will be back tomorrow and I am missing some of my Alexa control (Alexa, trigger fix this driver please).

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2017 at 5:35 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

Rats... this is rather frustrating. So I second the support for you developing a service to replace chunk.io

Ok we have now created our own image hosting service running on our own servers.  Everyone who is on driverCentral will have an update pushed out to them within the next 24 hours.  People who are on houselogix will need to upgrade to the driverCentral version.

20 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Ok we have now created our own image hosting service running on our own servers.  Everyone who is on driverCentral will have an update pushed out to them within the next 24 hours.  People who are on houselogix will need to upgrade to the driverCentral version.

Sounds great... will this appear as a separate driver (like chunk.io was) or as part of your email driver?

7 hours ago, alanchow said:

Can you provide more details?

When will this be available?

Will a dealer be needed to upgrade the function (e.g. A new driver?)

Is the hosting service free?

Are their limits on messages/pictures ?

How long are pictures retained?

Are there any parameters to control how long a picture is saved before deletion?

On 25/09/2017 at 11:21 PM, jfh said:

Can you provide more details?

When will this be available?

Will a dealer be needed to upgrade the function (e.g. A new driver?)

Is the hosting service free?

Are their limits on messages/pictures ?

How long are pictures retained?

Are there any parameters to control how long a picture is saved before deletion?

This is avaialble now.  If you are on the houselogix version then you will need to upgrade to the driverCentral version.  If you are already on the driverCentral version then no need to do anything.  It should have automatically updated.  The hosting service comes with the driver cost so no additional fees apart from the driver purchase.  At this stage there is no limits to how many you pictures you can upload.  At this point in time the images are hosted indefinately.  Once we get a good idea on how much resources it uses we will decide on how long images will live on our servers for.

On 26/09/2017 at 12:37 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

I see that my drivers (DriverCentral) have all updated today but could not see anything different.  I assume that means that a dealer is needed to add a new driver? 

It's all under the hood.  You won't notice anything different on any of our drivers but should just work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.