any file type

smooth transitions

t3 screens will play the audio

else functions

IheartRadio

Sirius XM - still being tested

Spotify Connect!!

Spotify Connect
NOTE: Use of this driver requires a premium Spotify subscription. Free Spotify accounts are not supported. 
This driver enables using the Spotify mobile or desktop apps to send audio to a Control4 system using Spotify Connect. Each driver installed in the project creates a unique Spotify Connect device name, visible to all Spotify apps on the local network. By default, the Spotify Connect device name will be the same as driver name in Composer. However, a custom Spotify Connect name can be created within the Properties page of the driver.
Users can save a preset of the current queue playing over Spotify Connect (including shuffle and repeat state) and recall that preset later. The Spotify account that was originally used to play that queue through Spotify Connect will be logged in and used to play the preset.
Each driver in the project can receive only one stream at a time.  This stream can be sent to multiple rooms. If multiple streams are desired, multiple copies of the driver should be installed and additional Spotify accounts will be needed. The only exception is for Spotify Premium for Family accounts, where each family user (up to six total) can stream to a Spotify Connect driver as if they are an individual account.
This driver requires Control OS 2.10 or later to operate.

enable disable programming for testing

Jump to Camera on programming on t3!

full screen camera view

High Resolution Audio Matrix!!!

High Res 8 and 24 Zone Amplifier

Triad Speaker Point!! 

Ir outputs on the amp is a good idea

Z2IO new prodduct

Temp and humidty monitoring

relays and contacts

2 ir

Z2C wireless contact sensor

Door Station Mini

Installation Blocked on Hardware With the OS 2.10 release, Control4 no longer supports certain pieces of hardware. If the following devices are detected in the system, the installation of OS 2.10 will be blocked with a message explaining that the devices will need to be removed before upgrading to OS 2.10. Non-Supported Devices SKU HC-200 C4-HC200-E-B-*, C4-HC200B-E-B-NR HC-300 C4-HC300-E-B, C4-HC300B-E-B-*, C4-HC300C-E-B-* HC-500 C4-HC500-E-B, C4-HC500B-E-B HC-1000 C4-HC1000-E-B, C4-HC1000V2-E-B, C4-HC1000V3-E-B

Pm for details on updating

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

Spotify Connect!!

Whoop, there it is! I'm pretty happy overall. iHeartRadio is also a great addition that we will use most weekday mornings.

During the keynote, I heard the word "Shairbridge" once. I hope 2.10 makes it more responsive and reliable. Any clue to improvements in this area?

2 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Whoop, there it is! I'm pretty happy overall. iHeartRadio is also a great addition that we will use most weekday mornings.

During the keynote, I heard the word "Shairbridge" once. I hope 2.10 makes it more responsive and reliable. Any clue to improvements in this area?

nothing on the shairbridge. i would assume they do their best to update it

its mostly an apple API problem from what i know.

Does anyone have links to the new products, specifically the audio matrix and amps?

Also, curious how Spotify Connect works on an EA-3? What I'm looking for is to Spotify Connect to a zone, not to a device.

1 minute ago, Elvis said:

Does anyone have links to the new products, specifically the audio matrix and amps?

Also, curious how Spotify Connect works on an EA-3? What I'm looking for is to Spotify Connect to a zone, not to a device.

i am sure it will be able to stream to any zones your devices are connected to. if your ea3 is connected to your whole home audio should be no problem

you can find some info on control4 site now

https://www.control4.com/o/every-room-audio

Just now, thegreatheed said:

The driver also has auto room select functionality like shairbridge.

there you go. 

looks like our hope for a sonos app inside the interface is dead, any one want some play5s 3 and a connect hehe.

I am in the sonos beta and they have some great things coming too

Just now, eggzlot said:

Will this app work with 3rd party doorstations with SIP?  I have holovision so wondering if it's configurable. 

the way they were talking about it its likely only going to be control4 stuff, but i would love to see it be open to more im sure it will it will just take time

How soon can we expect native XM working? Pandora and SXM native = me doing a massive whole home AV upgrade and moving from hc800 to new EA series, so good for C4 finally getting me what i need to ditch sonos. I'll even buy into the triad speakers.... :-)

1 minute ago, jparker36 said:

Pandora

Already native to the EAs

2 minutes ago, jparker36 said:

SXM native

I'm not a dealer but the tone during the announcement was "still testing" and "It's coming" -- so I would not expect it soon.

2 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

the OS 2.10 release, Control4 no longer supports certain pieces of hardware. If the following devices are detected in the system, the installation of OS 2.10 will be blocked with a message explaining that the devices will need to be removed before upgrading to OS 2.10. Non-Supported Devices SKU HC-200 C4-HC200-E-B-*, C4-HC200B-E-B-NR HC-300 C4-HC300-E-B, C4-HC300B-E-B-*, C4-HC300C-E-B-* HC-500 C4-HC500-E-B, C4-HC500B-E-B HC-1000 C4-HC1000-E-B, C4-HC1000V2-E-B, C4-HC1000V3-E-B

Pm for details on updating

What do the * mean on the HC300? I am running a HC300 as a secondary controller for additional IR? Will 2.10 force that out of my project? If so seems like a deal breaker for me

I have upgraded my system to 2.10 this evening and added in Spotify and Iheart radio. Primary is an HC800 with no EA line in the mix. iHeart radio works fine. You add the driver and then load up the source in the app. It will prompt you to login via a webpage and sync via an ID number. 

Spotify is being a bit trickier at the moment because I believe it wants my phone and the controller on the same network. They aren't. My wifi is on a separate subnet than my automation line and at the moment it doesn't see the option to connect. Going to add a new SSID on the same network as the controller and see if that resolves this for now. 

edit: Updated the subnet the controller was on to be on the same network as my main wifi network (for phones / tablets) and it still didn't pick it up. I went back into the app and changed the default "Spotify connect name" to something different and after that Spotify was able to see it without issue. 

Do you know what ports have the Z2IO and could it be an option to replace a HC300? I know it has 2 IR but can't remember about relay/contact.

I have a HC800 in cabinet but have an old HC300 in Theater room that controls a screen (up/down via relay), projector (via IR) and one/two other devices (PS3,...). The rest is IP based and could be controlled straight from HC800.

Archived