C4 Forums | Control4

ERDrPC

I read in a recent CePro article that someone setup facial recognition using their Hikvision IP camera for automated entry. In the Ping thread I read about using a bluetooth reader with unique MAC addresses or long range RFID. What concerns me about those two is if your phone or car is stolen I wouldn't want my house to open for the wrong person. Facial recognition would be cool but then I wonder about latency etc. Any experience out there? Cepro Aug 2017 Page 44 "The camera at the main entrance gate takes its job even more seriously. In addition to streaming and recording video, it can trigger certain events to happen based on its identification of an incoming vehicle’s license plate or visitor’s face. For example, if a person walks up to the gate and the cameras recognize them, it will trigger the gate to unlatch and swing open — ditto for any license plate that it knows. The setup is completely hands-free for the owners; they needn’t even touch a button to command the gate open. The combination of the super-smart surveillance camera and Elan home control system does all the work."

• 1 month later...

Cool concept but cameras have numerous obstacles to over come in getting a clear enough shot to be able to accurately recognize someone. I personally use zigbee keypads in our cars that could easily be programmed to only activate via a button sequence but i see these just as garage door openers witjh flair as they are programmed to turn on lights and music for each of us

• 6 months later...
10 hours ago, C4Jedi said:

@Matt Lowe, How do you know what zigbee devices are compatible with C4? i have tried a few to with no prevail. Also, i need your help... i'm not able to log my HC800 to check in.... 

C4 has a proprietary zigbee stack for an additional layer of security of the zigbee standard. Essentially the device has to be specifically made for Control4. No off the shelf zigbee devices will work.

sent you a pm

Archived