C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset Smart Lock program off hitting lock button

Ivan James

Is there a way to program solely off hitting the lock button when leaving? I don't see the option, but I'm hoping maybe there is a different driver or something. I can only program off lock or lock manually and I don't want to use either of those as I want it specifically for leaving.

1 hour ago, Ivan James said:

Is there a way to program solely off hitting the lock button when leaving? I don't see the option, but I'm hoping maybe there is a different driver or something. I can only program off lock or lock manually and I don't want to use either of those as I want it specifically for leaving.

I do it using variables.  

When person x used a code to unlock the doors set variable "person x" to true.  A text gets sent they entered in my case. 

When they hit lock "if variable person x is true".....you enter your logic programming.  Mine is send a text they left and set alarm.  For housekeeper I have shut off lights and music too etc.  then I change the variable back to false 

2 hours ago, eggzlot said:

I do it using variables.  

When person x used a code to unlock the doors set variable "person x" to true.  A text gets sent they entered in my case. 

When they hit lock "if variable person x is true".....you enter your logic programming.  Mine is send a text they left and set alarm.  For housekeeper I have shut off lights and music too etc.  then I change the variable back to false 

Thanks! I see how to do most of that, but I don't see how to do this part "when person  x uses a code to unlock" is that supposed to be under Programming > Room > Kwikset Zigbee Lock? I see Username, but it only says changes instead of letting me specify which user and what they did.

56 minutes ago, Ivan James said:

Thanks! I see how to do most of that, but I don't see how to do this part "when person  x uses a code to unlock" is that supposed to be under Programming > Room > Kwikset Zigbee Lock? I see Username, but it only says changes instead of letting me specify which user and what they did.

I can't send screen shots til tomorrow.  In the meantime do you have unique codes set for various people?  That should be under monitoring when you click on the driver for the lock.  Username1, 2 etc...

if so under driver for the lock in programming you can do unlock "if unlocked by username1" ,etc

trying to remember the lingo off hand.  I can send screen shots tomorrow night. I use it all the time for my housekeeper and dog walker.  Locks up, puts on alarm, turns off music etc just by pressing the lock button

41 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

I can't send screen shots til tomorrow.  In the meantime do you have unique codes set for various people?  That should be under monitoring when you click on the driver for the lock.  Username1, 2 etc...

if so under driver for the lock in programming you can do unlock "if unlocked by username1" ,etc

trying to remember the lingo off hand.  I can send screen shots tomorrow night. I use it all the time for my housekeeper and dog walker.  Locks up, puts on alarm, turns off music etc just by pressing the lock button

Thanks. I only saw Unlock and Unlock Manually, but I will take another look tomorrow. I do have usernames set under monitoring.

52 minutes ago, Ivan James said:

Yeah the problem is lock also includes all programming and it was making my goodnight programming arm to away, turn up AC etc.

why not post a picture of what you have so far....if you press lock then your "goodnight" programming gets launched?

On 9/12/2017 at 11:56 AM, Ivan James said:

Yeah the problem is lock also includes all programming and it was making my goodnight programming arm to away, turn up AC etc.

here is how I have the unlock and lock.  these are more of my "simple" ones that basically do 2 things: 

1) sends me a text when they enter and when they leave

2) if the alarm was off when they entered, when they leave the alarm stays off.  if the alarm was on when they entered, it gets turned off as they enter and hitting the lock button will turn the alarm back on

for other people like housekeeper I have music and lighting attached to all of this too.  But for a dog walker, my parents, etc, its basic unlocking/locking and alarm.  

Capture_lock.JPG

Capture_Unlock.JPG

6 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but my wife wants me to add 3 automated locks and we use Kwikset. What Kwikset locks work this well with C4? What driver do I need?

you dont' have a ton of choices: https://www.control4.com/solutions/products/locks

You cannot buy any Kwikset, Baldwin or Yale Lock.  just the ones listed in here that have the proper C4 Zigbee chip.  The Zigbee ones you see at Lowes/Home Depot will not work.  Drivers are all free in the C4 database.

I think Ari and maybe 1 other developer made some 3rd party drivers for August locks or some other locks.  not 100% sure but I recall a few out there.

23 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but my wife wants me to add 3 automated locks and we use Kwikset. What Kwikset locks work this well with C4? What driver do I need?

What kind of kwikset locks do you currently have? Or are they just standard deadbolts

2 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

Gotcha, some of the smart connect deadbolts from lowes/depot can be used if you source the right chip from ebay. Just wanted to check

correct - I think this is an example but I dont have any personal experience: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Kwikset-Smartcode-Zigbee-Chip-for-Control4-Home-Connect-Lock-Module-RF-/222619463929?hash=item33d52770f9:g:pIsAAOSwdUZZk9KD

23 hours ago, eggzlot said:

here is how I have the unlock and lock.  these are more of my "simple" ones that basically do 2 things: 

1) sends me a text when they enter and when they leave

2) if the alarm was off when they entered, when they leave the alarm stays off.  if the alarm was on when they entered, it gets turned off as they enter and hitting the lock button will turn the alarm back on

for other people like housekeeper I have music and lighting attached to all of this too.  But for a dog walker, my parents, etc, its basic unlocking/locking and alarm.  

Capture_lock.JPG

Capture_Unlock.JPG

Ok thanks so much for that I'm almost there. I see how to create a variable, and I see how to program off the variable being true, but I can't find where to set the variable for something that specific. I can only create a variable name and set it as true or false. I can't find how to make the variable for a specific user locking the lock. This is under Agents unless I am in the wrong place. I'm on 2.9 btw.

On 9/15/2017 at 6:24 PM, Ivan James said:

Ok thanks so much for that I'm almost there. I see how to create a variable, and I see how to program off the variable being true, but I can't find where to set the variable for something that specific. I can only create a variable name and set it as true or false. I can't find how to make the variable for a specific user locking the lock. This is under Agents unless I am in the wrong place. I'm on 2.9 btw.

This is a video tutorial on macros and variables if you are new to composer HE. This is likely easier than me trying to explain it

Archived