C4 Forums | Control4

Jandy pool pumps, RGB LEDs, heater, Aqualink

rolldog

Question

I have 2 Jandy pumps running my pool, one turns the waterfalls on/off, I have a pool heater, and I have RGB LED lighting in the pool. Everything is running through an Aqualink control panel, which has its own app with limited functionality. Even after integrating everything with my Control4, the only way to change the color of the lighting is to turn it on and turn it off. Every time it's turned on, it cycles through another color. Is there any way to set everything up so a color can be selected directly instead of having to power cycle the lights to make the colors change? 

10 answers to this question

On 9/15/2017 at 5:38 PM, rolldog said:

I have 2 Jandy pumps running my pool, one turns the waterfalls on/off, I have a pool heater, and I have RGB LED lighting in the pool. Everything is running through an Aqualink control panel, which has its own app with limited functionality. Even after integrating everything with my Control4, the only way to change the color of the lighting is to turn it on and turn it off. Every time it's turned on, it cycles through another color. Is there any way to set everything up so a color can be selected directly instead of having to power cycle the lights to make the colors change? 

I have a Pentair system and two different Pentair drivers and the answer on Pentai is no, not currently.  I suspect that the answer is no on Aqualink also.

You could probably set up your own colour Experience Buttons and have them trigger off for a few seconds (to reset the sequence) then on / off / on / off the appropriate number of times to get to the colour you want.

I have exactly the same setup, though I chose not to link it with my Control 4 system, I am curious to ask why you linked it with your Control4 system. Mine, as the stand alone app which runs the Jandy system which incorporates the heater, waterfall, lights, also garden lighting,  the dimmers in the deck, the sprinkler gardening system etc,etc.. I find the app absolutely superb and faultless, it allows you to program anything associated with the pool and garden including setting the temp of the pool from anywhere is the world. When my lights come on in the pool, it remembers the lights you used last time (The Colour) and it puts them on immediately without cycling through.

So what does Control 4 do for your system which isn't running through Jandi?

Only things I use control4 for are:

1. To view water and jacuzzi temperatures in a central location with my other room thermostats; and,

2. When I go on holiday, my C4 system knows when I will return and so does various things in advance of this (e.g. geysers are turned on 12 hours before we return, the pool heater is turned on 24 hours before we return and the jacuzzi heat pump 48 hours before we return).

3. I have a pool light button in my bedroom and the LED tells me if the pool light is on or not...

4. some Alexa control when sitting in the jacuzzi - Pentair is behind C4 in the regard (not sure about Jandy).

Pentair app is great so I use this for most pool related stuff...

Thanks for that. I find Jandi very good. You can do everything you just mentioned with the Jandi also. I'm sort of a little disappointed that I spent $150k+ on my C4 setup and today many apps are not only catching up, they are passing the C4. I just had Ducted Air fitted to my new home and the C4 can't come close to the CUE controller that Actron have with their system. Even the C4 dealer advised us to go with the Cue Controller. Having said that, I am waiting for them to update my C4 because with the new update to my IPhone, the C4 doesn't work any more, it requires my dealer to come and install updates to the hardware to be compatible, not happy with that, I have been waiting for 4 days and have to control everything from my PC.....I was told when I purchased it that it was future proof....

Just like others have said, it's just good to have everything integrated into one interface. My C4 can now do everything that the iAqualink app can do, but I can use a C4 touchscreen to operate the heater, waterfalls, etc. I also had  C4 Keypad Dimmer installed outside so I can turn the waterfalls on/off with the touch of a button, and if the heater is on, I can tell by the red light on the button instead of having to go check the water. Other buttons have been programmed to skip music track and volume up/down for the speakers by the pool. My system is still in the process of being installed, but the only thing I'm waiting for now is a 12 foot motorized rod for the drapes in front of the folding doors I installed opening up the living room to the pool area. I love the convenience of being able to operate everything under one interface. Of course, some things will come out with their own app, which may have more functionality than what the Control4 offers, but from what I've seen, it's only a matter of time before drivers are available to integrate it with the Control4. Using multiple apps to control multiple devices is no different than having multiple remotes to operate the theater. I'm tired of being the only one who knows how to work everything, and the C4 makes things a little easier for others to do something as simple as watching TV without having to call on me to come give them a hand. So far, I'm happy with my new system. It's a big investment, but now anyone can watch what they want in any room, listen to what they want, and all my equipment, 3 x 55" racks, is all out of sight. Net thing I need to do is learn how to use the Composer HE software. 

I would love that integration with the Endless pool in the new house.  At a minimum would love to be able to check water temp while we are snow birding in the winter. Or even heat up the pool before use from upstairs.

It has just happened again, I have just had ducted air-conditioning installed in our new home, and the Actron app with CUE Interface controller allows you to have each room in the house with it's own individual  temperature settings as well as monitoring the amount of power used, etc. It allows you to have one room on, or all 15 zones. The app is just superb which at this time C4 doesn't give me.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:38 AM, rolldog said:

You can do this with the Control4 iAqualink driver, but the aux that controls your lights needs to be defined as not just turn the light on/off but for colors too. You can then choose the colors or to cycle through like "USA" pre set color mode which does red/white/blue for example. Easy fix.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:38 AM, rolldog said:

Rolldog, sorry for such a delayed question on your iAqualink integration. Could you share the driver you used and is it cloud based or rs232? Thank you in advance.

Archived