C4 Forums | Control4

Best Door Station

Elvis

Question

I was going to have my dealer put in a DS2 mini because it'll fit where my current NuTone doorbell is. But my daughter called me from Germany and she was talking about her host family's doorbell. "I can unlock the door with the doorbell." She's pretty sure it is a Doorbird. So made me pause and think maybe something better is out there.

I don't want a Ring, but I like a lot of what it does. I like the look of the Doorbird and DS2 Mini. Here is what I want:

1. Remote answer with live video (2 way audio, of course)
  2. Motion sensor notifications (no doorbell press/package delivery)
  3. Display the camera on the TV. Best solution would be to Pause TV, switch to doorbell view and be able to easily exit back to TV with the SR-260.
  4. C4 integration so I can remotely unlock the door if needed.
  5. I don't want to have to have a T3 touchscreen to make it work. Would like it to work on the iPad C4 iOS app.
  6. NO MONTHLY FEE (Other than 4sight)

No surface mount. Need to fill the hole left by the old doorbell (or make it bigger).

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

the doorbird is basically our go to .. however.. as soon as Control4 gets their intercom app out of testing, we will be doing almost only the Control4 DS2 door stations

As far as adapting a old doorbell/ to make the new one work.. that is all about how good your dealer is at fabricating something

On 15/09/2017 at 4:50 PM, Elvis said:

I was going to have my dealer put in a DS2 mini because it'll fit where my current NuTone doorbell is. But my daughter called me from Germany and she was talking about her host family's doorbell. "I can unlock the door with the doorbell." She's pretty sure it is a Doorbird. So made me pause and think maybe something better is out there.

I don't want a Ring, but I like a lot of what it does. I like the look of the Doorbird and DS2 Mini. Here is what I want:

1. Remote answer with live video (2 way audio, of course)
  2. Motion sensor notifications (no doorbell press/package delivery)
  3. Display the camera on the TV. Best solution would be to Pause TV, switch to doorbell view and be able to easily exit back to TV with the SR-260.
  4. C4 integration so I can remotely unlock the door if needed.
  5. I don't want to have to have a T3 touchscreen to make it work. Would like it to work on the iPad C4 iOS app.
  6. NO MONTHLY FEE (Other than 4sight)

No surface mount. Need to fill the hole left by the old doorbell (or make it bigger).

Thank you.

I have just signed up to this forum specifically to watch this thread because you have described EXACTLY what I am looking for!

Due to move into our newness house next month, C4 is going in this week but we have no solution for the door station for the gate at the front of the driveway.  I was settled on a Doorbird with a wall mounted iPad by the front door but after only 10 minutes on this forum it looks like hats not a very stable route!

I would be very interested if anyone has experience of a suitable solution!

49 minutes ago, Tom_0787 said:

I would be very interested if anyone has experience of a suitable solution!

Welcome.

I'm personally in the wait and see mode right now. All depends on the C4 app and how it compares to the Doorbird. From what "Gunter" (the homeowner) tells me via my daughter in Germany, their Doorbird stuff is industrial strength "never-fail" -- but I have yet to see them in person.

Archived