C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Dealer/Installer Issues or Work Around

relin

I had C4 installed in my house last year. During the year it has gone offline many times.  Sometimes it is due to internet or electricity outage.  When it goes out, C4 goes offline and has to be manually rebooted.  It cannot go back online automatically.  Is this normal?   Each time it goes offline, the dealer / installer has to try to reboot remotely.  If that does not work, he has to send someone out.  I have never been given directions how to do this myself.  Recently, he suggested a battery backup.  After installed, C4 still went offline and had to be rebooted. Each time this happens I am charged.  Is there any way to do this all myself and get away from paying a dealer every time something happens or is needed?  Really regretting ever getting C4.  It is becoming a money pit.

I don't know much and hope Derrick can resolve your issues and have you enjoying your system.

I can assure you that isn't normal and sounds like it is setup wrong. My experience with a power outage so far was going out to dinner and showing my girlfriend we re-gained power since I was able to remotely connect to my C4 system (she still thinks I'm a nerd), but sure enough everything was back to normal including networking and control4

It's possible your dealer didn't setup your network with static IP addresses, so IP's change when they come back online.

Archived