C4 Forums | Control4

Looking to control 3 Sonys in same room

GLav

Greetings, not sure this is the right forum for this , but hopefully it will get answered.  I just set up a media room in my house, with 3 Sony Bravias, 3 sound bars (Sony), and 3 directv genies.  

I learned the hard way that systems that you can buy in the store, feed off of IR, and I can't avoid them all going on or off at any given time.  

Im told that control 4 has a solution for me?  Please let me know your thoughts? Much appreciated.

gregg

15 hours ago, GLav said:

Greetings, not sure this is the right forum for this , but hopefully it will get answered.  I just set up a media room in my house, with 3 Sony Bravias, 3 sound bars (Sony), and 3 directv genies.  

I learned the hard way that systems that you can buy in the store, feed off of IR, and I can't avoid them all going on or off at any given time.  

Im told that control 4 has a solution for me?  Please let me know your thoughts? Much appreciated.

gregg

Have you discussed this with Sony? Assuming the TVs are recent, they should be DIRECTV ready. If you only want 1 remote, then C4 can help you. If they aren't DIRECTV ready, you probably will need Control4. Sometimes it is preferable to have 3 remotes, but that all depends on your situation.

The C4 SR-260 remote has 3 unassigned buttons with 1, 2, and 3 dots. A smart programmer/dealer might be able to make those work to "select" each TV.

Not a manufacturer issue. His main problem is that they are all in the same room so any line of sight type remote will not be able to control a specific tv/soundbar. So a universal remote/control system that uses ir buds, serial, network control. Will let him specify what does what under all neefed situations.

Just now, sonic30101 said:

Not a manufacturer issue.

Maybe not now that he owns them. But Sony deconflicted remotes for us before. We had two per room. Worked like a champ. And each TV remote controlled all the attached Sony equipment.

Archived