C4 Forums | Control4

dcovach

It works great. No on-demand (hopefully - yet) available, but full scanning, importing account favorites, searching by channel number and name.

Note that it is one driver per account - ie you need one separate account per driver (this is a SiriusXM limitation - not complying is liable to get you flagged and frozen).

Also note that it has SiriusXM's timeout - most channels will timeout the stream after 4 hours of inactivity (some are quicker/slower) - unless you have a business account.

14 hours ago, Cyknight said:

It works great. No on-demand (hopefully - yet) available, but full scanning, importing account favorites, searching by channel number and name.

Note that it is one driver per account - ie you need one separate account per driver (this is a SiriusXM limitation - not complying is liable to get you flagged and frozen).

Also note that it has SiriusXM's timeout - most channels will timeout the stream after 4 hours of inactivity (some are quicker/slower) - unless you have a business account.

presumably no issues with Canadian Sirius XM accounts? i remember one on my AVR's or streaming appliances had an issue with Canadian accounts, sorry cant remember which one at this point.

thanks

6 minutes ago, vstar said:

presumably no issues with Canadian Sirius XM accounts? i remember one on my AVR's or streaming appliances had an issue with Canadian accounts, sorry cant remember which one at this point.

thanks

Nope, all good here using SXM Canada account.

2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Nope, all good here using SXM Canada account.

cool. glad to hear. thanks for confirmation.

now i just have to get my hc200's out of my project and replace them with hc250's unfortunately. sad because the hc200's were serving their purpose nicely as IR/serial/on screen navigator :( not sure why they just couldn't keep them on 2.9.1 director and leave them in the project?

anyways, thanks again, always appreciated.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, koxkp said:

Anyone else see the favorites constantly with a spinning wheel and not load? Everything else with this driver works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.  Most of the time when I press the icon I get the sling wheel and nothing else.  All I can do is search for a channel.  Anything that pops up I can play almost instantly.  But with the spinning wheel and no items other than search in the top bar,  the driver is essentially useless when used from a navigator 

Just now, Cyknight said:

Hmm, flawless here to date for me. However, where did you create your favorites? Via C4 or using the SXM app (or desktop streamer)

I created favorites from the SXM ap because C4 said I had to add them there before any could be added in C4.  Once I added one in the iPad ap, I could add in C4.

I saw the spinning wheels the other day and don't remember how I got out of it.  I'm wondering if you get the spinning wheel if you are already logged in to the ap or desktop.  But there is no error message retuned by C4 and no way to log out of C4 

I changed my password and made sure I signed out.  When I went into C4 I got spinning wheel, went to search and was asked to log on again when I tried to play a channel.  Got the message that the channel list was being refreshed, but when I quit out of search the main display just had spinning wheel.

Debug LUA info doesn't appear to show anything wrong.

I haven’t tried debugging LUA, but my problem is only in the favorites showing either empty or a spinning wheel. It seems like I can search from favorites and when I click a channel from the list it will say “remove from favorites” showing it is stored as a favorite

9 minutes ago, koxkp said:

I haven’t tried debugging LUA, but my problem is only in the favorites showing either empty or a spinning wheel. It seems like I can search from favorites and when I click a channel from the list it will say “remove from favorites” showing it is stored as a favorite

That's the same thing I see.

can you see anything else when you press the icon?  Can you navigate to the full channel or category list or do you just see spinning wheel and search icon and nothing else?

I just went in to SiriusXM and everything populated normally.

Went back to the Listen menu and tried again, but got the spinning wheel again. Sigh.

@Derrick Cain  could this be somehow related tips the URL issue you mentioned in tbe thread where the steam stops playing?

IMG_2341.PNG

[mention=135256]jfh[/mention]  I don't know if the two are related, but I'd be happy to look into it for you.  Is this a screen shot from a Control4 T3, iOS device, or Android device?  I'll look into any defects related to SiriusXM menus not populating.

If you could look into mine as well I could work with you. Mine looks the same as jfh on iOS and always spinning when you click favorites.

@koxkp Do you have any other device to test against, such as an Android or T3?  Just to try and narrow down if this is something with our iOS app, or the account.  I was unable to replicate here at the office.  Just to be clear as well, this is just the "favorites" menu that's giving the spinning wheel?

[mention=138757]koxkp[/mention] Do you have any other device to test against, such as an Android or T3?  Just to try and narrow down if this is something with our iOS app, or the account.  I was unable to replicate here at the office.  Just to be clear as well, this is just the "favorites" menu that's giving the spinning wheel?

I’ll try to test on my Android when I get home from work.

50 minutes ago, Derrick Cain said:

@jfh  I don't know if the two are related, but I'd be happy to look into it for you.  Is this a screen shot from a Control4 T3, iOS device, or Android device?  I'll look into any defects related to SiriusXM menus not populating.

That screenshot was from iOS device (iPad).  That's where I have seen the problem the most, but I use the iPad 90% of the time.

i just tried it a few minutes ago and everything populated as expected after a slight delay on the iPad.  Tried it on 7 and 10" T3s and a portable T3 and they were all fine.  When I see just the spinning wheel again I will immediately go check the other devices.

In my case, this seems to be an intermittent problem, but it will be a big problem if my wife encounters it. :(

I'm guessing the driver puts a request out to a server very early on and that's hanging or not responding for some reason and there is no code to handle that condition and/or force a retry after some period.  It could be a local network hang up or server problem or both when it happens, but since multiple people are seeing it, it's not unique to any particular project.

if the driver can be changed to populate the Categories/ All Channels / Favorites / Settings in the menu immediately on entry before any network call, this may provide a workaround for intermittent operation.  (Similar to search icon populating right away).  I would also like to see some sort of pop up message if the driver doesn't receive expected info after some (very short) interval.

if you can tell me what to look for in the logs, I may be able to provide more info when it happens again.

After I just finished typing the above, I tried again from the iPad and got spinning wheel.  But it worked from a T3.

Backing out on the iPad and trying again did not help, nor did closing and restarting the iPad ap.

(I don't have an Android device to try)

12 minutes ago, Derrick Cain said:

This helps, I'll check with defects specifically affecting iOS (iPad).  I'll check in with our app design team regarding this.  Even if it's intermittent, it's still something we should be able to replicate and solve.

Thanks.  IOS sounds like a good place to start.

Archived