C4 Forums | Control4

2.10.0 update blocks?

Mark LaBelle

Other than what our wonderful CyKnight has outlined, IE Touchscreens, are there ANY other software or hardware issues that prevent someone from updating to 2.10?  I'd prefer not to pay for my dealer to find out that I can't update because of old hardware or drivers.  :-)  I do have 2 IE screens of the 4 and they are running the new driver, so I should be good there right?  

Thanks,

Mark

Don't claim success until you can successfully add new drivers after upgrading to 2.10.  

I have had an ongoing problem with the driver manager getting corrupted which results in new drivers being bound to unrelated items and not functioning properly.  Support fixed it by cleaning something up, deleting all the files associated with the driver and reinstalling the new drivers, but the problem re-appeared after the SirusXM driver was added today.

Don't claim success until you can successfully add new drivers after upgrading to 2.10.  
I have had an ongoing problem with the driver manager getting corrupted which results in new drivers being bound to unrelated items and not functioning properly.  Support fixed it by cleaning something up, deleting all the files associated with the driver and reinstalling the new drivers, but the problem re-appeared after the SirusXM driver was added today.
But didn't you also have a bunch of corruption?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

But didn't you also have a bunch of corruption?

Frim what C4 support said, yes.  The c4drivers package was corrupted (I think).  But support corrected that and then the drivers my dealer added worked properly.  Then added new drivers for 7" and 10" T3 screens (worked fine).  

But then the dealer added the SirrusXM driver and the same symptoms appeared so c4drivers may be corrupted again.  I presume c4drivers is a component of 2.10 - how that gets recorrupted by adding new drivers seems to be the issue and one we want support to weigh in on.  

The drivers involved have been new to 2.10 (Announcement OnOff, iHeartRadio, SirrusXM) but that may be coincidental.  

I would not have seen any issue if I simply upgraded from 2.9.1 and didn't add anything new.  Perhaps this is limited to my project.  But hard to know for sure if you haven't added anything new to a project running on 2.10 or until support can explain why a core function of 2.10 seemingly corrupts itself on use.

7 hours ago, Bsmall423 said:

I had a weird bug where if i hit LISTEN > Pandora in a room, it would play in a completely different zone all together... very odd. 

FWIW - this could be consistent with the error I'm talking about above where bindings were altered by 2.10.  If that happened, Pro will not report the problem; it will only be called out by HE.  Run Inspector (or have your dealer do it) and see if there are any warnings or errors.

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

That's not a new component. I would venture to to say the corruption you are seeing is Isolated to you and something in your project.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I realize c4drivers is not new, but maybe 2.10 updated it?  I would agree that the problem is likely isolated, but if C4 support says "it's fixed" and then it breaks again they are fixing the symptom and not the root cause.  The recommendation to factory reset the controller and reload 2.10 then restore the project doesn't inspire confidence if support doesn't know what's wrong.  If I go this route, I could end up with the same issue, a loss of my entire media database (since 2.10 rescan is broken) and a loss of a significant amount of programming.  I really want to understand what's happening and why they think it will be fixed before doing simething that drastic.

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I have added a number of new drivers with no problems... phew!

Couldn't even list the number of drivers I've added deleted, replaced, updated on 2.10 without a fail, nor have I heard anyone else about this. Whatever the underlying issue is - it seems this is 'local' - be it the project, or the composer install

Archived