slevittmd

Different light levels at night

My dealer has programmed many of my keypad buttons through connections, which I obviously can’t change. However, I’d like some of them to come on to different levels at night, such as full brightness on that particular load if button pressed during the day, but 50% brightness if after sunset.

Is that something I can program with home composed, or something the dealer would have to do? Basically, don’t know if I can somehow program the system to do something different with the connections the dealer already made.

Also, my dealer has mentioned that he could convert all the connections that control dimmers/keypads to programming, so I’d be able to see and edit everything. Any disadvantage to doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he has the keypad buttons bound to the scenes, he can change it to the programing section instead of connections then you can edit them afterwards

Is there any reason I wouldn’t want him to do that? If not, why don’t dealers just program them that way to begin with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Binding them gives a much quicker response time than programming although you can get almost the same if you use on press instead of on single click.

Binding is also quicker and easier for the dealer to set up and change.

I have my lights bound and then use a double click to set 50% brightness (can be done in HE).  The only problem with this approach is that they come on at full brightness and then dim to 50% when your controller realizes you have done a double click.  You can get around this by setting the ramp up rate to the light to a good few seconds.

You could program the level to be set (based on time) when the light comes on in HE and leave the bindings in place. The same problem and work around described above would apply.

If it's individual, single LOADS that they are triggering, you can program a schedule to change the default on levels using the the PRESET_LEVEL variable. This will mean that a single button push will take it to that % - press and hold can force it past the preset level. This wouldn't work if the buttons are triggering scenes though as scenes set the level directly.

Alternatively you can also program the MAX ON level on a schedule - this will BLOCK the light from going higher completely however- so if you set it to 50%, it will NOT go above that no matter what. That said, you COULD change the max on level for multiple lights in a scene and maintain the button binding.