C4 Forums | Control4

Mac version of Control4?

canadian8484

Unfortunately, no matter what settings I use for the Parallels networking, none of them let Composer HE connect to my controller. Shared, host-only, and bridged all fail to connect.

Tried to install Composer HE in Windows 10 and it worked. So whatever the problem was, it was Windows XP.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used both Parallels and VMWare Fusion for many years. I prefer Parallels, largely due to better performance but it's a personal preference. With either product, any issues you may have with performance or clunkiness will invariably be the Mac hardware you have and / or setup. It runs lightning fast on the right Mac hardware.

On 11/13/2017 at 5:14 PM, DTxAg said:

Unfortunately, no matter what settings I use for the Parallels networking, none of them let Composer HE connect to my controller. Shared, host-only, and bridged all fail to connect.

Tried to install Composer HE in Windows 10 and it worked. So whatever the problem was, it was Windows XP.

Indeed, very optimistic to still be using Windows XP and expect things to just work in today's age.

1 hour ago, AK1 said:

Indeed, very optimistic to still be using Windows XP and expect things to just work in today's age.

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

If you are surprised xp doesn't work I have an iPhone 3g to sell you

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ha no I meant the OP is very optimistic. I’ll pass on your iPhone - my IPhone X arrives tomorrow  

• 5 months later...
On 11/9/2017 at 2:59 PM, DTxAg said:

Anybody know what might cause this behavior?

I have a macbook pro running Parallels and Windows XP/Windows 7. I can install Composer HE, start it up, and it'll see my EA5 controller. But when I tell it to connect to the EA5 controller, it displays an error saying it cannot connect. It clearly sees the controller, but something prevents HE from connecting. If I use my kid's Windows laptop, HE will see the controller and connect to it.

I've tried disabling the Windows firewall and making Composer HE an exception to the firewall in my Parallels installation, but neither works.

Hello,

Have you solved this problem, I suddenly have the same issue with Composer po 2.10.1 or below. Non of the Software will connect any of my own controller nor those of the customers. Running Paralles and windows 7 for 2 years now without any problems.. al the network connections check. 

On 5/12/2018 at 7:04 PM, Bjorn said:

Hello,

Have you solved this problem, I suddenly have the same issue with Composer po 2.10.1 or below. Non of the Software will connect any of my own controller nor those of the customers. Running Paralles and windows 7 for 2 years now without any problems.. al the network connections check. 

What is your iOS and Parallels? 

There will never be a MacOS Composer so we all need to unfortunately deal with it. 

Shared is the recommended network setting and i use it 90% of the time. However, there are times when bridged is required. For example, certain WiFi hotspots don't work from a shared network connection. And some Windows programs, notable security camera discovery programs e.g. Lilin and Hikvision, will only work over a bridged connection.

Archived