C4 Forums | Control4

Lilin NVR + Cameras with Awful Quality

Hi,

We upgraded our CCTV cameras based on our dealers recommendation.

I believe the NVR we use is: https://www.meritlilin.com/en/product/DHD208A

And we have 4 of these https://www.meritlilin.com/en/product/AHD772AX cameras.

The cameras should be 1080P but the C4 security interface shows horrible quality. Going to the IP (10.0.1.4) tells me to download "NetViewer" which shows the correct 1080P quality.

But the problem is that we can't get good quality on C4 which is what we need!

we can't get good quality on C4

By C4 what do you mean? T3 screens, older screens, on screen EA or older, phone app etc....

T3 and EA use h264 and can handle a much higher rez, but generally the secondary stream is set to MJPEG on a much lower quality to accommodate the older interfaces. Plus if for watever reason the main stream is unavilable, it may revert to the secondary as well.

Shivam,

Hi, I am a product manager at Control4. Sorry to hear that your camera experience isn't what you expected. Let me provide you with some information that can hopefully help you.

With our new release, 2.10, we have upgraded the camera experience so you should see an H.264 1080p (1920x1080) stream on the T3 touch screens and 720p (1280x720) on the on screen interface served by the EA series controllers. The live video display is full screen and looks great as long as your cameras support those resolutions and everything is properly configured to support these resolutions.  

Which model of touch screen are you using?  And your controller?  And is your system running 2.10 or is it on an earlier version?

Your dealer may need to confirm that everything is setup properly. I'd love to help you with this so I'll PM you. If it is helpful, I'll reach out to your dealer to make sure they are fully aware of the new features and functionality available in our new release that will provide you and all of their customers with a great experience.

Thanks,

Jeff

Then there's probably setting issues - it SOUNDS like you may be getting a low-res mjpeg feed, and/or setting issues on the main stream. Lilin and C4 are close patners - and the image quality should be excellent. Do note EA only handles 720p for cams, so that may be part of it - I suggest dealing with Jeff who already jumped in - you're getting as close to working with C4 direct on this issue as you can.

Hi Shivam,

I am the Product Manger for LILIN. Currently, the driver will provide a 480p resolution stream onto the Control4 Navigator and T3 touchscreens. I have requested some information from our R&D team to determine if there are capabilities to add higher resolutions such as 720p and 1080p. Unfortunately, our R&D office is on their moon festival so I hope to get a response back sometime next week.

I will update you as soon as possible.

Should have any additional questions please feel free to let me know.

2 hours ago, LILIN US Technical Support said:

Hi Shivam,

I am the Product Manger for LILIN. Currently, the driver will provide a 480p resolution stream onto the Control4 Navigator and T3 touchscreens. I have requested some information from our R&D team to determine if there are capabilities to add higher resolutions such as 720p and 1080p. Unfortunately, our R&D office is on their moon festival so I hope to get a response back sometime next week.

Okay, thank you! The driver version we have installed right now is 1.0.4.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:09 AM, Shivam Paw said:

Another question about this, is it not possible to get playback via C4 or does that have to be done within NetViewer?

Thanks

Hi Shivam,

Playback is supported through the HDMI output of the DHD recorder and the netviewer app.

As mentioned by msgreenf, at this time there no method to review playback in c4 app. 

6 minutes ago, LILIN US Technical Support said:

Hi Shivam,

Playback is supported through the HDMI output of the DHD recorder and the netviewer app.

As mentioned by msgreenf, at this time there no method to review playback in c4 app. 

Hi

Thanks. Any ideas on the problem with getting HD through C4?

Thanks for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I think one of the problems could be that our dealer provided us with the DHD208A. I see that it’s now discontinued and there is a DHD508A available. 

The DHD5 supports an Onvif protocol - does this mean it supports streaming h.264 videos and that the quality on the C4 security tab will be much better?

Right now it looks like the DHD208A is using MJPEG at 480p

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 5:36 PM, LILIN US Technical Support said:

Hi Shivam,

Any update on this? I have added 4 more LILIN cameras and a LILIN 8Ch DVR.  I get great resolution (I think it is 720p) via the NetViewer app on my PC and iPad.  By comparison, the resolution on my T3 Touchscreens is very poor.  I assume that it is 480p based on this post.  It would be great to see this upgraded to 720p at least.

57 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Any update on this? I have added 4 more LILIN cameras and a LILIN 8Ch DVR.  I get great resolution (I think it is 720p) via the NetViewer app on my PC and iPad.  By comparison, the resolution on my T3 Touchscreens is very poor.  I assume that it is 480p based on this post.  It would be great to see this upgraded to 720p at least.

I haven’t had any update and it’s quite disappointing because it’s the only thing in our entire system that’s been a disappointment :/

I'll preface my post with that I've never used nor even have seen a Lilin camera.

Are you using an official (endorsed) Lilin camera drivers?  My guess is that the driver you're using is outdated and hasn't been upgraded to work in the latest OS.

You could always try inserting the generic camera driver and setting the url's yourself for which streams you want. 

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

I'll preface my post with that I've never used nor even have seen a Lilin camera.

Are you using an official (endorsed) Lilin camera drivers?  My guess is that the driver you're using is outdated and hasn't been upgraded to work in the latest OS.

You could always try inserting the generic camera driver and setting the url's yourself for which streams you want. 

Yes, we are using a LILIN driver. I suspect that you are right and will take your suggestion up with my dealer.

9 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Any suggestions on which camera driver I should point my dealer towards?

Archived