C4 Forums | Control4

IFTTT driverCentral update

pkkaiser

OK, finally got my houselogix version updated to drivercentral. Nothing worked. So time to start over

Reinstalled, re-licensed, put in pushover username/password, says secret obtained/connected (but username and password does not get cleared), nothing...

Lua said to delete the pushover control4 ...go to pushover and delete it from devices

Redo everything again in C4. Looks to be fine. Go back to pushover and control4 device does not show up

Lua says attempt to concatenate field "SECRET" (a nil value)

Any ideas? It is totally unusable now...

PK

Yes... I had a similar problem when I made the move and every time I change my Pushover name / password (which I’ve had to do a few times - still investigating why).

The solution that has worked for me is:

Put in my Pushover name and password (press set on both).

Move off the driver, come back to the driver and delete the last letter of my user name, then re-enter it.  Press set again.

Hey presto, 10 seconds later I am sorted.

Im not sure if every step in the above is necessary as I’ve only done this 4 or 5 times.  However, doing all these steps has worked for me every time!

I suspect that the driver is only picking up the change when you press set in the driver name the second time... Perhaps all that is needed is to put the password in (and press set) and then the username (press set). Anyway,  will leave @alanchow to figure out the real issue.  Hopefully the above gets you in!

I should update the driver output.  The error was from before we got a special API call from the pushover guys.  Now it pretty much means invalid username or password.

Basically if the username and password doesn't dissapear you've typed it in wrong.

17 hours ago, alanchow said:

I should update the driver output.  The error was from before we got a special API call from the pushover guys.  Now it pretty much means invalid username or password.

Basically if the username and password doesn't dissapear you've typed it in wrong.

Hmmm... not sure it is that simple... I have reconnected to Pushover 4 or 5 times over the last 2 weeks (reasons given elsewhere and irrelevant to this threat) and each time, only the second entry is registered as correct, I literally delete and retype the last letter of my username and get it working. I don’t think I am mistyping this one letter every time ;)

Archived