C4 Forums | Control4

Notification - Alarm Trouble Codes

Dave w

I'm trying to set up an auto notification that shows the tripped zone when the alarm goes off.  Its a new DSC Neo with the free C4 driver.   I see a number of variables for partition 1 that would/should include this data such as trouble text and display text, but when I put them in the notification they do not return any data at all, just NULL.  Any thoughts on this?

image.thumb.png.ceb08745ab749cade85127fe82e3fb4f.png

I have a DSC alarm, but not with this driver so don't know how the partition variables operate.

But I use a text variable to track which motion sensor last sensed.

And if the alarm is triggered, my email includes this variable and then continues to email me every time a sensor is triggered.

So far, it has been useful to find out where the cat is hiding when he is accidently left inside....

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand you correctly, you want a push notification when the alarm goes off but you also want it to inform you on what zone was triggered?

A work around could be used, Bind the sensors to sensor drivers and program like this:

E.G

When Motion is detected in the kitchen

>If alarm system is in alarm

> send push notification " alarm in kitchen"

5 hours ago, David Paxton said:

If I understand you correctly, you want a push notification when the alarm goes off but you also want it to inform you on what zone was triggered?

A work around could be used, Bind the sensors to sensor drivers and program like this:

E.G

When Motion is detected in the kitchen

>If alarm system is in alarm

> send push notification " alarm in kitchen"

Neat work around!

You may need to insert a slight delay or do it on motion stops being detected in kitchen.  The risk is that motion is detected in kitchen tells the alarm to trigger (via DSC).  At the same time you check (via C4) if the system is in alarm... it may not be in alarm for a second or two...

Archived