C4 Forums | Control4

Sync audio in C4 matrix with AVR

The C4 matrix amps work like a charm. Consistent volumes and synced playback. My living room is running a Yamaha A3050 and it is slightly off from the kitchen zone on the matrix.

What settings can I adjust to get these matching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, koxkp said:

There must be some type of lip sync/delay feature on the C4 amps, no? I'm looking in HE and only see some EQ properties.

There isn't. C4 has a lip sync delay on their HDMI switch.

How is audio connected to the AVR? You can also try a Direct mode.

1 hour ago, koxkp said:

There must be some type of lip sync/delay feature on the C4 amps, no? I'm looking in HE and only see some EQ properties.

The issue is not a c4 one. Many AVRs have a delay when on a HDMI source because of the sound processing. I use the pre-out of my AVR to feed as a source into the audio matrix so I can overflow the audio into audio zone rooms without a delay. There are many ways to accomplish fixing it without as much programming I just like to dick around

24 minutes ago, koxkp said:

Cool, thanks @sonic30101!

No prob, this way requires a lot of programming and may not be exactly what you are looking for depending on the room layout. As @thegreatheed mentioned direct mode surround sound codec may help if you are using an analog source into the AVR, or try game mode if the yamaha has it. I just use the surround back pre-out for my particular setup and use all channel when in overflow mode for coverage, then back to 5.1 when wanting surround in just the family room

Archived