C4 Forums | Control4

Leaf LU1E/LU862 on Control 4 network - problem with C4 Remote Control

Could someone help me troubleshoot this C4 remote control problem?  I have one TV out of 4 in my home that is not 'taking' to the C4 remote control. Each C4 remote control has the name of the room on the display screen.  The remote in my guest room used to display 'Guest Bedroom' and now it displays 'Master Bedroom'.  I had the previous C4 technician come to my home and check out the existing C4 system.  He moved a TV from an office room to my guest bedroom and reconfigured the TV and C4 remote.   I'm sure you think I am crazy but the remote screen actually displays a different name and it no longer displays the two Tivo choices that I have on my C4 system.  The C4 remote displays the word 'Empty' for the 'watch' list where it used to display the two Tivo choices.  The Samsung TV displays this message:  'Check the cable connections and the settings of your source device.  Press SOURCE on your remote control to select the connected source device.' 

This is what I have done so far to troubleshoot:  I replaced the Ethernet cable and the HDMI cable from the LU1E receiver.  The HDMI cable is connected to the TV HDMI1 port.  I verified that the TV is pointing to this port correctly.

My C4 system includes two Tivo boxes and an LU862 controller.

I suspect that a silent software upgrade may have been performed on my system.  The previous owner may have had a remote configured for a 'Master Bedroom' but the technician configured a new remote for my Guest Bedroom'.  As I said earlier the remote that no longer works used to display 'Guest Bedroom'.  My husband put plastic labels on the 4 remotes in our home and he (not being computer literate at all) made the label for exactly what was displayed on the screen.  The room name displayed on the remote actually changed - believe it or not!

So, for all of you troubleshooters out there who like a challenge - this is a good one.  Do I have a possible software glitch here?  Can I recycle the LU862 controller and possibly reset the LU1E receivers.  My C4 technician is not responding to my calls and emails so I suspect that my small issue is not worth the 90 minute drive to my home - and he is refusing to call me back to walk me through some simple troubleshooting techniques.

If anyone has any idea that I can try to troubleshoot this issue I certainly would appreciate your help.

Wow. I never thought to look at my C4 app. Yes I can see Guest Bedroom and the two TiVo selections on the app!  But the remote does not show the correct room nor the TiVo selections.  I guess I can use my app instead. Correct?   Any way to correct my check my confused remote?  Thanks so very much. 

Pop the batteries out of all the remotes, and insert back.  When the remote comes on it will display the ROOM it belongs to, make sure your husbands labels are still correct.  As for the empty options in your 'Guest Bedroom', sounds like the setup for that room was not done correctly.  Need to check the bindings for that room.  You are doing too much troubleshooting for possibly a simple fix in programming.  

More than likely, as @sonic30101 said, the remote is controlling the wrong room.  To change the room on your remote:

Press List

The name of the room will be the top of the list, highlight this room, and press select.

This will give you all rooms in your system that are visible.  

Select the room the remote is supposed to be operating, and "select room'.  

Once it's done loading, press cancel and you should see the correct room being displayed.

Hi, Derrick,  At the risk of sounding REALLY STUPID -----  do you mean the List button on the remote?  I am not at my second home today (where the C4 system resides) but I will be returning there on Friday.  I do see the Guest Room in my C4 room list so I'm very encouraged that I can get the remote to work.  I just don't have it in my hand right now to actually find the List button.  I'm assuming the List button is on the remote so I will be checking it when I return.  Thank you SO, SO MUCH. 

Yes, I usually remove the battery cover and tap it against my palm, the rechargeable battery pack will pop out slightly.  Just push it back into place and put the cover back on.  The remote will power up with the room that it belongs to.  

1 hour ago, ralberding said:

Wow. I never thought to look at my C4 app. Yes I can see Guest Bedroom and the two TiVo selections on the app!  But the remote does not show the correct room nor the TiVo selections.  I guess I can use my app instead. Correct?   Any way to correct my check my confused remote?  Thanks so very much. 

Glad to hear the issue was that simple. Remotes can be specified for a particular room as default but can control any room in the system. So it doesn't sound like programming is the issue, more of user error due to improper tutorial by the dealer or your husband

Ha, ha.  It wasn't my husband.  He is completely computer illiterate.  My dealer, however, has been a disappointment.  I called him several times and sent him several emails explaining the problem.  I am new to the C4 system and received no training from the dealer. 

Archived