C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 Door Station when invalid code entered

I don't see an option for that either. You could some programming on the other button presses with logic and MAYBE approximate that event.

If button 1 is pressed
>>start (restart) 20 second timer
>>set variable to true
(repeat for each button)

If usercode 1 is entered
>>set variable to false
>>other programming

when timer expires
>>if variable is true
>>>>(this would be the incorrect code event, send notification or whatever here)

13 hours ago, Shivam Paw said:

Seems like a really long way for a simple problem :(

I’d need the event to run immediately after an incorrect code is entered so that timer might not work well. 

It does seem overly complex... You could, however, make it even more complicated and achieve your desired result based on what @thegreatheed suggested by doing something like the following:

If button 1 is pressed

>>KeyCount = KeyCount+1
>>start (restart) 20 second timer
>>set variable to true
(repeat for each button)

If usercode 1 is entered
>>set variable to false
>>other programming

when timer expires

>>KeyCount = 0

When KeyCount changes

>>If KeyCount = 4
>>>>if variable is true
>>>>>>(this would be the incorrect code event, send notification or whatever here)

• 3 months later...

When entering smtp email details in the driver properties via HE is it supposed to be sending emails straight away without me programming anything? I've noticed that snapshot emails are being sent without me actually adding any code via programming to send snapshot emails...any ideas? 

KFxsD43.png

I've checked the browser based configuration and in automation this is all I found but I have no ideas what on earth it is doing..

From memory (as I am on the beach and nowhere near my system!), answering your questions in order:

1. Yes.

2. No (not natively) but yes with another driver.

To turn off the 'on call' snapshot email you simply disable this in driver properties. You can still send snapshot emails via code (but not - when I last played with this a year or so ago - with different messages). I think that you can attach the photo to an email using a third party driver (e.g. @alanchow's notification suite (which is an awesome driver) - then you can change the message for different events).

5 hours ago, Shivam Paw said:

What driver property am I switching? I couldn’t find anything which is what’s confused me big time. 

If no one else answers this, Ill try and remember to look when I am home on the weekend. I know I was able to stop it and still have the ability to send an email via code... Albeit that was some time ago before I started using Alan's driver for emails with photos attached. 

21 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

If no one else answers this, Ill try and remember to look when I am home on the weekend. I know I was able to stop it and still have the ability to send an email via code... Albeit that was some time ago before I started using Alan's driver for emails with photos attached. 

Thanks. Looks like I’ll be waiting for you. I’ve had another look and looked at all the options in the documentation.  but can’t find anything. 

Sorry! I thought that I answered this a couple of days ago!

I had a quick look at the driver over the weekend and (from memory, I think) how I handled this was to set the option to use the call button for programming only.  Then in the programming, I forced the video intercom call (to get the call button working again but without the email).

I am pretty sure that is what I was doing but bear in mind this was a year or more back as I now don’t use the doorbell email functionality but rather use Alan’s driver for emailing snapshots.

Archived