C4 Forums | Control4

2.10 Spotify Connect and Zones

Elvis

Question

I have an EA-3 and just got upgraded to 2.10 today (still in progress).

There was a lot of head scratching when I said "Set it up like you did Shairbridge." He set me up with Office, Living Room, etc. as Shairbridge targets. So I was hoping to have the same thing in Spotify Connect. Office Connect, Living Connect, etc...

Is this not possible? If the EA-3 can have more Shairbridge targets, I thought it would do the same for Spotify Connect.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

What is the advantage of Spotify Connect vs the older Shairbrisge methodology?  It seems that with Connect all Spotify users can see the the C4 audio end points rather than just one user, is that correct?  So that allows multiple simultaneous Spotify streams?  What other advantages?

The one big advantage of Spotify Connect (and this is similar for ChromeCast) over Airplay (regardless of C4) is that Spotify Connect DOESN'T stream from your phone. Meaning it doesn't rely on the wifi, doesn't get interrupted, doesn't drain your battery...Connect hands off the actual streaming to the Connect device (in this case the C4 controller) and your phone is essentially just a control point.

And of course the fact that it isn't limited to Apple devices.

Archived