C4 Forums | Control4

4k Genie Mini response

Elvis

When we got the 4k TV, we swapped and put the 4k on the new 4k mini and put the other TV on the main Genie. This thing is ridiculous compared to the main Genie. It's not uncommon for the TV to go to "No Input" blank screen when changing channels. It'll show the banner of the new channel, then go blank, and then might go "no input" before showing the channel. It takes a consistent 5-6 seconds to change channels. The main genie takes less than 2 seconds and no video interruptions at all.

Normal?

27 minutes ago, Elvis said:

I'm assuming you mean HDMI to AVR cable... no. It's all in a rack so easy to try a different one.

likely your cable to the tv from the avr is not able to carry 4k especially if your rack is remote. you will need to make sure you have a cable or balun capable of 4k.

the time changing channels is just hows its going to be the new boxes just stream from one main dvr, the newest genie is just a server now and does not even have video.

18 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

likely your cable to the tv from the avr is not able to carry 4k especially if your rack is remote.

100' Celerity fiber. This is a DIRECTV issue, I'm sure, as everything is smooth as silk from 4k ATV, 4k Roku... I'm pretty much ready to scrap 4k DIRECTV.

On 10/11/2017 at 11:30 AM, Elvis said:

100' Celerity fiber. This is a DIRECTV issue, I'm sure, as everything is smooth as silk from 4k ATV, 4k Roku... I'm pretty much ready to scrap 4k DIRECTV.

last thing to check is that your receiver has enough 4k ports and that is hdcp 2.2 as well not all hdmi ports on avrs can do that spec. other wise it is an issue with the DTV box but i doubt its one that a new box will resolve as HDMI sucks and will likely continuing having problems.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 11:27 AM, Matt Lowe said:

other wise it is an issue with the DTV box

"There is currently a known issue with Sony 4K televisions." They don't know when or if there will be a fix forthcoming. Since we have the 4k ATV now, I don't really need it. One channel of live sports... eh, I can live without. I'd rather have the speed and responsiveness back that I have when watching the main Genie anyway.

35 minutes ago, Elvis said:

They don't know when or if there will be a fix forthcoming.

Apparently they do... just after I typed that I got an email that said they were sending me a new box. I somehow got an old one that they had issues with.

Archived