C4 Forums | Control4

Remote issues continue

Multiple SR260 remotes lock up (with hourglass) every 3-4 days since upgrade to 2.10. Then they need to be power cycled by removing battery. Has happened multiple times to some of the remotes. Have 6-7 remotes and EA5 runs house with hc250s and one EA1 and one hc800 at TVs. Dealing coming out tomorrow. Anyone have any ideas? This happened maybe twice in 2 years with OS 2.8 and 2.9 and now it is daily! Also what is reset button sequence on remote? Getting the Litium ion rechargables out is a pain.  Btw I’ve rebooted the EA5 and no improvement. 

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Is it daily or every 3_4 days? You saw both in the same post

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It was every 3-4 days but it has increased in frequency to daily  

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Is it daily or every 3_4 days? You saw both in the same post

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was having a similar problem, 2.9 and 2.10.. had my controller in a rack, so I switched my main zigbee controller to a 250 that was out in the open, fixed the problem now for 3 weeks.even though it showed my remotes had great zigbee signal I was still having problems until I switched the server to the 250

2 hours ago, tekki70 said:

I was having a similar problem, 2.9 and 2.10.. had my controller in a rack, so I switched my main zigbee controller to a 250 that was out in the open, fixed the problem now for 3 weeks.even though it showed my remotes had great zigbee signal I was still having problems until I switched the server to the 250

Thanks. Not sure that’s the issue as we’ve C4 wireless switches (latest gen) in each room too so mesh is strong and we use 2-3 controllers as zigbee APs and have two zigbee range extenders. Had been rock solid until upgrade to 2.10. 

I’ve got a similar problem on one SR260 and one SR250 although I’d say my problem is roughly weekly (not daily) since upgrading. Hadn’t really thought about it until reading your post. Like you I had this problem occasionally previously but now it is more often.

I also had an SR260 that wouldn’t charge until I did a reboot... a bit weird.

Archived