C4 Forums | Control4

Future of C4 forums?

http://www.cytexone.com/

With a heavy heart and deep sadness

It is with great regret that we are announcing CytexOne is shutting down operations as of September 30th, 2017. We have done everything within our power to keep the ship sailing. Due to external forces, it has become impossible for us to continue.

If you have a CytexOne system and need support, we are currently interviewing alternative vendors to take over the support of your systems.

If you require the credentials to your system, then please email credentials (at) cytexone.com. We will respond as quickly as possible with your information. Thank you so much for supporting us all of these years. We wish it could have lasted forever.

- The CytexOne Team

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Since cytexone closed what are the future plans for the forum?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ultimately, who decides the passing of the baton in this forum if the situation requires a decision?

Ultimately, who decides the passing of the baton in this forum if the situation requires a decision?
Well technically they own the site and the ip.

Hopefully they pass that along to someone / some of us that would / could own the domain and host.

9 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

Well technically they own the site and the ip.

Hopefully they pass that along to someone / some of us that would / could own the domain and host.

I could name a few who would handle this forum responsibility or its possible Control4 could have an interest.  Any reason why they wouldn't?

2 minutes ago, dcovach said:

I could name a few who would handle this forum responsibility or its possible Control4 could have an interest.  Any reason why they wouldn't?

They've already got dealer forums.  Don't know they'd want to take over end user forums. 

I am sure that the costs for keeping the site running could be paid for via donations. But as for the domain name we just have to wait and see what what Cytex1 wants

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Hi Everyone

Sorry for the delayed response, It's been a very trying few weeks.  We are planning on keeping c4forums online for the foreseeable future.  Likely we will be setting up donations to cover the hosting costs or something along those lines.  As more information becomes available I will let you know.

Thanks Everyone

Dan

Hi Everyone
Sorry for the delayed response, It's been a very trying few weeks.  We are planning on keeping c4forums online for the foreseeable future.  Likely we will be setting up donations to cover the hosting costs or something along those lines.  As more information becomes available I will let you know.
Thanks Everyone
Dan

That’s good to hear. I’m happy to help however I can. What happened to the dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, dan.levine said:

Hi Everyone

Thanks Everyone

Dan

I would be interested in helping out

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, dan.levine said:

Hi Everyone

Thanks Everyone

Dan

Wow, never saw this as I was on vacation for a few weeks and just came across it - first and foremost Dan, all the best to you and your colleagues. Anything else is secondary - I'm sure you guys have the email addresses of several of us on file to contact should the need arise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived