C4 Forums | Control4

Activating WiFi on HC800 when NOT used as primary controller

The RJ45 Ethernet port on my HC800 is dead.  I replaced it with a EA5 and manually added all the zigbee devices to the new primary controller.  now I would like to use the HC800 in a secondary system as a controller, but not the primary controller.  Problem, I can't see the HC800 on my network because it is NOT spitting out a IP address via WiFi....

How do I activate WiFi so I can see an IP address and set it up to connect via WiFi only so I can use it on a secondary system in my home. It will NOT be a primary director, but it will be a secondary controller and potential ZAP.  Again , how do I active the WiFi on the HC800? 

Thanks, Dan. 

So, unless I can get the WiFi active, this piece has zero value to anyone.  Can anyone recommend a good C4 service tech I can speak with to insure the Ethernet port is faulty?  And, to find out if it can be replaced  and at what cost.

Thanks

So, unless I can get the WiFi active, this piece has zero value to anyone.  Can anyone recommend a good C4 service tech I can speak with to insure the Ethernet port is faulty?  And, to find out if it can be replaced  and at what cost.
Thanks

Dcoons34, send me the MAC address via instant@theexpectedresult.ca or via PM and I will query C4 support in the am.

Happy Automating!!

Archived