C4 Forums | Control4

hc800 connection issues

•  
  • dtg78
  • c4Forums Member
  • 3 posts

Hi 

I have a spare HC800 I bought to keep as backup if my primary controller ever stops working. I have tried the factory default method and the network  reset but cannot get connection on Ethernet. The green light stays on regardless if a Ethernet cable is connected or not and the yellow light (data) never comes on. The GUI indicates that all the tests it does are ok and sits on connecting to director. On the front of the controller the Wifi stays on RED which makes me think it is stuck in wifi. Has anybody seen this or had similar issues as this is driving me crazy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this issue before, I ended up having to hold the factory restore button with a paper clip for over 60 seconds. You should not have a red wifi “no connectivity” symbol of its been wiped. Let me know if that works, I can probably try to get you the restore software for usb 

It happened actually with an Ea1 last week that I static addressed on the wrong network scheme. Had to hold that one for like a 65 count, then power cycled it roughly about 20 seconds after pulling the pin out of the restore button. Plugged into the correct network, plugged into power, and it popped back up in system manager about 30/45 seconds later (dhcp of course)

Archived