C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee question

MJM

Question

This might be a dumb question, but if I move one of my controllers from an upstairs room to a downstairs bedroom, will all the zigbee devices that were connected to that controller automatically reconnect to a different controller that is located upstairs?    

4 answers to this question

That's not quite true, they will only re-connect with the other controller if the the other controller is acting as a ZigBee Access Point for the ZigBee Server running in the original controller. If you have both controllers operating as separate ZigBee Servers then the ZigBee devices will need to be removed from the mesh and re-identified with the other controller.

Yes, I learned that this weekend.  Apparently, both controllers were not on the same server or ZAP. I noticed the next day that  a couple of my switch's were not responding after moving the controller downstairs.  I ended putting the controller back upstairs.    It wasn't that important either way.  I just wanted to use the C4 remote with the TV and satellite that I had moved downstairs.   Thanks for the info.

Archived