C4 Forums | Control4

Add to project - not adding

wobbles

Hi guys , im fairly new to Control 4 , not a total newbie but not hardened veteran either. i have a HC250 to play with at home and im having a problem when i try to add a Tv to the project.

The problem is whether i double click the drive , drag and drop the driver or just click add to project . composer goes through the motions but does not add it to the project.

sometimes if i go to the folders i can see the file other times i can not but in all cases i can not load the driver in . i have tried this on composer 2.9x and 2.10 but still with no success.

This is not a one off it seems to be with quite a few drivers.

any advice please

Adding drivers only works with Composer Pro and for that you need a dealer.

Once all hardware is correctly in your project you can program whatever you like via Composer HE

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Hi guys , im fairly new to Control 4 , not a total newbie but not hardened veteran either. i have a HC250 to play with at home and im having a problem when i try to add a Tv to the project.
The problem is whether i double click the drive , drag and drop the driver or just click add to project . composer goes through the motions but does not add it to the project.
sometimes if i go to the folders i can see the file other times i can not but in all cases i can not load the driver in . i have tried this on composer 2.9x and 2.10 but still with no success.
any advice please
Also you should ONLY use the same version of composer that matches your version of director

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, blub said:

Adding drivers only works with Composer Pro and for that you need a dealer.

Once all hardware is correctly in your project you can program whatever you like via Composer HE

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

I  do work for a dealer and as such i am using composer pro, i failed to mention i tried this with 2.9x BEFORE i upgraded however now that ive upgraded to 2.10 i tried the same method with no success . this is something i have experienced in the field and to me is a bit of a strange

1 hour ago, wobbles said:

any advice please

You might find that you'll have this problem installing ALL drivers.  This is a very well known "bug" that some end users have a problem accepting.  In all seriousness... this forum is great for finding a lot of helpful answers, but you will not be able to "play" around with an HC250 until it is properly set up by a dealer.  You will not be able to add components into the project but you can do a lot of your own custom programming once its set up.  I encourage you to reach out to a local dealer and have a 1 room system installed.  The HC250 is still a very good controller.

Just now, wobbles said:

I  do work for a dealer and as such i am using composer pro, i failed to mention i tried this with 2.9x BEFORE i upgraded however now that ive upgraded to 2.10 i tried the same method with no success . this is something i have experienced in the field and to me is a bit of a strange

Try tech support or dealer forums.  This isn't a good place to get support for dealer issues....

2 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Just trying to save you from a multitude of "smart" replies.  You need to be more specific with your issues in the proper forum.

i appreciate your response , but i think i've sussed the issue , bit of the obvious one , i've put composer on a new laptop , it seems a licensing issue .... oops . i can sort it now. 

Thanks

Archived