C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Delay

I am using the old driver but I do not think that is the cause of the issue.  I have a mix of Sonos Connect (into my Video Storm Matrix > C4 amp) and then some Play Radios.  Below you will see some programming - and the audio is off, there is a delay.  The Play radio is about 1-2 seconds ahead compared to the stream coming out of the Connect.  I do not recall this behavior prior so why is it happening now?

audio delay.JPG

The only thing I can think of, only because I think I remember this, is if the Video Storm audio matrix has its outputs delayed for TV audio sync.  So maybe all the outputs are set to a certain delay to compensate for tv audio issues.  I could be wrong.  I'd go into HE and see what the delays are set for, and see if they're set all that way.  Of course, if this behavior just started, then I'd be completely wrong.  

5 hours ago, neil12011 said:

The only thing I can think of, only because I think I remember this, is if the Video Storm audio matrix has its outputs delayed for TV audio sync.  So maybe all the outputs are set to a certain delay to compensate for tv audio issues.  I could be wrong.  I'd go into HE and see what the delays are set for, and see if they're set all that way.  Of course, if this behavior just started, then I'd be completely wrong.  

it is possible since this behavior is somewhat new and the VS Switch is somewhat new too.  Is there a way to program to say "if sonos audio delay = 0 and if its TV audio from cable box delay = 2 seconds or whatever"

On 10/16/2017 at 6:17 AM, eggzlot said:

it is possible since this behavior is somewhat new and the VS Switch is somewhat new too.  Is there a way to program to say "if sonos audio delay = 0 and if its TV audio from cable box delay = 2 seconds or whatever"

yes you can program to change the delay based on source for the VS. 

I assume this is the case but make sure the sonos are grouped playing the same thing rather then each independently streaming the same station this could introduce a delay.

On 10/22/2017 at 2:16 PM, Matt Lowe said:

yes you can program to change the delay based on source for the VS. 

I assume this is the case but make sure the sonos are grouped playing the same thing rather then each independently streaming the same station this could introduce a delay.

is it in programming or under monitoring?  Under monitoring everything (input and output) is set to a delay of 4.  How can one tell what is assigned to what input?  The original installer did not label the cables well.  Is there a way in Composer HE to see what device (sonos in this case) is going into the matrix?  And would I change the delay on the input of the sonos stream or the output to various zones?

Archived