C4 Forums | Control4

Announcements not playing after 2.10 update

we updated a client to 2.10 and now the announcements will not play.  I have executed the announcements from composer and nothing.  i created new ones and they will not execute either.  i have tried different file types too.

on occasion i will get an error that the announcement file is in use by another process.

I have rebooted the HC800 multiple times thinking that might fix this.  after 6 reboots no change.

any suggestions

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

yes

Delete the wav files

Delete the announcements

Delete the announcements agent

Reboot the controller

Start again

that is similar to what dealer support said but that didn't work either.  I deleted all announcements and then deleted the agent. unplugged the controller for 5 minutes and started again just to have the same results

Just now, Don Applegate said:

that is similar to what dealer support said but that didn't work either.  I deleted all announcements and then deleted the agent. unplugged the controller for 5 minutes and started again just to have the same results

thats what Dealer support told me yesterday...I didn't get a chance to personally try it yet

I tried deleting announcements and deleting agent then rebooting and then adding agent and then making a new announcements but the wav files seem to still be there.  Anyone have an idea how to delete everything and get announcements working?

I tried deleting announcements and deleting agent then rebooting and then adding agent and then making a new announcements but the wav files seem to still be there.  Anyone have an idea how to delete everything and get announcements working?
You were supposed to manually delete all the wavs too

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I just experienced the problem for the first time after having been on 2.10 for about a month.  It happened after I selected a station using the new iHeartRadio radio driver.  Then no announcements would play.  I turned off iHeartRadio and restarted the Director and the announcements came back.

i don't know if there is any direct correlation between the two, but I really don't want to mess around and test it because if the solution is delete anything related to announcements and start over - THAT IS A REDICULOUS SOLUTION!!!!

If losing announcements is happening to multiple people, C4 needs to treat this as a 2.10 bug send get it fixed ASAP..  I cannot afford to have announcements randomly stop working or not even know if they aren't working and having to recreate the programming after the delete everything and start over "solution" would be horrible.

9 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

back up back up back up. if you have 4sight you can backup to the cloud automatically and then deleting doesn't matter!

Not if you can't rely on a restore working properly.  more often than not, a restore doesn't properly restore the media database.

Just now, jfh said:

Not if you can't rely on a restore working properly.  more often than not, a restore doesn't properly restore the media database.

havent had issues with that.

need to be sure the backup is on the same os level as the controller currently.

also ensure that media is being backed up

2 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

havent had issues with that.

need to be sure the backup is on the same os level as the controller currently.

also ensure that media is being backed up

Yup.  Always the same levels and media always backed up.  May be an HE quirk because it's not a problem unique to me.  I have figured out how to extract the media data from a backup and restore it to the controller manually, but it's a pain in the butt.

Just now, jfh said:

Yup.  Always the same levels and media always backed up.  May be an HE quirk because it's not a problem unique to me.  I have figured out how to extract the media data from a backup and restore it to the controller manually, but it's a pain in the butt.

could be havent had issue with pro back up, but its not something that should be done on a regular basis but better to have then have not.

Sucks...I spoke to soon.  I got it working now, it doesn't work again.  Wierd...the announcement will show on the T3 touchpanel with text but the announcement won't play through speakers...never had a problem since beginning with 2.0 now with 2.10 nothing but issues such as this....a big bug!

Archived