C4 Forums | Control4

Announcements not playing after 2.10 update

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank You C4!  I have to say upgrading fixed the announcement issue(s).  Nice to see that they realized a few issues since 2.10's release and have addressed them.  I'm sure their are more, but when it makes your system function as intended while your upgrading to latest version to have the latest tech, shows they are moving forward in many respects.  Giving credit were credit is due...now a days, seems that isn't always the case, so thanks for listening!

I have a related problem which I believe is new after a 2.10 upgrade last week.  If I am playing sonos and an announcement plays the sonos does not come back on after the announcement ends.  Do any of you know if this was part of the 2.10 announcement but and if so if the upgrade fixed it?

Hi i have had nothing but problems with a very simple doorbell announcement since 2.10 upgrade. 2.91 worked fine!

at first it looked like a simple timing issue, 2.10 responds much quicker. I use snapshot to pause any current audio, pay a short wav file and then restart the playback with snapshot. 2.91 took so long to do this that the announcement had finished and the audio restarted without the need for any delay (timer). with 2.10 i had to add a timer long enough to allow the announcement to end otherwise snapshot would not restart the audio.

everything was fine .......... for a few days

then the DS2 doorstation stopped working. Random errors from not working at all to video only at 1 touchscreen and no audio and even no video and no audio although the touchscreens had all responded to the call button press. If you end the call from the DS and then start it from any touchscreen it worked fine. I then spent some time on the phone with tech support , they logged in and restarted a few things removed a few things and put them back but still no joy.

this problem was resolved the following day by switching the intercom back to using SIPPROXY rather than using the new FREESWITCH

everything was fine.......... for a few days

the announcements suddenly stopped working today. So i have just spent most of today back on site to resolve this issue. The doorstation appeared to be fine but no announcement would pay, not even if i added a new test one , even just a message on the screen would not run. Having given it my best shot to fix this issue with no luck it was back on the phone to tech support. He did a few things that i had already done with out any luck. 

the fix for this problem is to delete everything to do with the announcements, that means everything ,wav files and the agent itself. Then do a backup to a new file. Then reinstall this backup onto the controller .then reinstall the agent and make your announcement and add back in to your programing.  This apparently clears out any corruption that may have happened to the announcement agent during the 2.10 upgrade!!

I was advised to upgrade to the latest version of 2.10 ..... why??   What other issues are there, will this just add more yet to be discovered problems.

Is there some documentation listing potential problems that have been resolved with the latest version of 2.10??

Just a quick mention to the tech support team in the UK who have been excellent helping to sort this out. cheers 

13 minutes ago, CEEJAY said:

I was advised to upgrade to the latest version of 2.10 ..... why??   What other issues are there, will this just add more yet to be discovered problems.

Is there some documentation listing potential problems that have been resolved with the latest version of 2.10??

Because the latest version of 2.10 fixes the problem you describe.

There is a release notes document that lists specific issues that are fixed.  I'm sure your dealer has a copy.  Can there be new bugs introduced?  Of course.  But multiple people have reported it fixes the announcement problem, so give it a shot.

I had exactly the same problem wtih the DS2 as Ceejay after upgrading to v2.10. My dealer tried many solutions with no success until today where they did exactly the same thing as to Ceejay, they swithed back to SIPPROXY and now everything is working fine. 

Replying jfh comment that the latest 2.10 version fixes all this problem, maybe it fixes the announcement problem but does not solve the communication problems between DS2 and touchscreens. my dealer installed this Sunday the  latest 2.10 version and the communication problems where still there, and only dissapeared today when he switched back to the SIPPROXY, by indication of Control4 cusotmer's support. They suggested me not to put the announcement again for some days until we are certain that everything is fine this way.

Ceejay, If you install the latest v2.10 you must check with Control4 that the SiPPROXY is not changed again to the FREESWITCH....

May i know how many touchscreens you have in your project? I have 15 and it seems that this problem only happens when there are more than 9 touchscreens on the project.

Best regads!

Ferbor only 5 screens. Thanks for the info.  I can't  justify anymore time resolving issues and my customer is totally feed up. This is a relatively new install that has had problem after problem mostly to do with the door station failing in some way. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, after updating to 2.10 and then getting the update to fix the announcements, things worked for a while but now stopped working again.  Anyone else experience issues with announcements still after being on the latest build?

I am not upgrading to the latest build. I was originally told that because my customer is on an unsupported router that's why everything stopped working. This was not the case it was bugs in freeswitch. My understanding is that the latest version has freeswitch only no sipproxy and if that is the case then the 2 sites that are running 2.10 will not work correctly?? 

Both sites are using a BT home hub 5 as the installed pakedge router dose not support BT multicast iptv serivce?? 

All of my announcements disappeared again after it stopped working, worked, stopped working and then started again......  Frustrating!  I've deleted, recreated, deleted, recreated.  I'm at this point pissed.  Something like announcements should be SOLID before a release.  This has to be one of the most used features and recreating them all is a pain, only for them to not work again.  Argh!  I also have noticed that the Nest's have gone off line and I had to recreate them again.  Also, email notifications will queue, but will not fire, so none of my chowmain notifications work anymore unless I use PushOver or PushSafer.  Crazy sh*t this last release....  Broke so much.  Geofencing stopped too, but that might not be related, but it's around the same time of the update.  :-)   

I'm pretty forgiving in terms of bugs given I'm in same business arena but it is very frustrating.  I deleted, recreated and it worked for a week or so but now it doesn't and not being able to hear the announcements (doorbell through all speakers) etc...its crazy!  I stopped using C4 until another release because I know whatever I do might not be consistent or might cause other issues...at least the basics tv/remote/touchpanels etc work and nothing serious has happened so I wait.....and wait....and wait....hoping it gets fixed with an update.

11 minutes ago, Mark LaBelle said:

All of my announcements disappeared again after it stopped working, worked, stopped working and then started again......  Frustrating!  I've deleted, recreated, deleted, recreated.  I'm at this point pissed.  Something like announcements should be SOLID before a release.  This has to be one of the most used features and recreating them all is a pain, only for them to not work again.  Argh!  I also have noticed that the Nest's have gone off line and I had to recreate them again.  Also, email notifications will queue, but will not fire, so none of my chowmain notifications work anymore unless I use PushOver or PushSafer.  Crazy sh*t this last release....  Broke so much.  Geofencing stopped too, but that might not be related, but it's around the same time of the update.  :-)   

2 hours ago, Gene said:

I stopped using C4 until another release because I know whatever I do might not be consistent or might cause other issues

how do you stop using C4?  I mean I can't even begin to think about that....All the things to replace...I think thats a little bit of a dramatic statement.  You stopped using announcements maybe?

Archived