C4 Forums | Control4

Announcements not playing after 2.10 update

I've had same experience and now announcements stopped.  Sucks! Hopefully another update??

5 hours ago, ramesh.khiani said:

After updating to latest built:

Composer 2.10.0, Build 541811-res 
Director version: 2.10.0.542164-res  

Announcement works for few days but now its not working. Any suggestions whats next?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I upgraded my director to 2.10.542164 and Announcements seemed to start working, but there is one exception.  If I listen to Spotify Connect without Spotify actually streaming the music.  

1. C4 GUI - navigate to the room, Listen, "Spotify Connect"
  2. Open Spotify on PC, stream audio to Control4 Spotify Connect. Announcement works at this point.
  3. On PC, change "Listening On" to "This Computer".  The C4 will automatically turn off.  Announcement works at this point.
  4. C4 still in room, Listen, "Spotify Connect".  C4 GUI shows the song that is playing on Spotify.  Announcement does not work.
  5. On PC, change "Listening On" to "Control4 Spotify Connect and the Announcement from #4 plays.  Announcement works at this point.

My announcements stopped working yesterday after streaming audio with the 2.10 SiriusXM driver.  I rebooted, but no change.

I am running the second version of 2.10 but not the one that was released a few days ago.  Have asked my dealer to install that.

Does anyone know if this latest release is supposed to fix announcements from not playing?

Is C4 still recommending that all announcements be deleted, the agent disabled and re-enabled, the audio files restored and the announcements recreated?

Update: Dealer updated to 2.10.0.542686-res.  Announcements are not working after the reboot, so I presume I have to delete and start over.  Sure hope this release fixed the peoblem from happening in the first place.

3 hours ago, jfh said:

My announcements stopped working yesterday after streaming audio with the 2.10 SiriusXM driver.  I rebooted, but no change.

I am running the second version of 2.10 but not the one that was released a few days ago.  Have asked my dealer to install that.

Does anyone know if this latest release is supposed to fix announcements from not playing?

Is C4 still recommending that all announcements be deleted, the agent disabled and re-enabled, the audio files restored and the announcements recreated?

Update: Dealer updated to 2.10.0.542686-res.  Announcements are not working after the reboot, so I presume I have to delete and start over.  Sure hope this release fixed the peoblem from happening in the first place.

I cannot comment on announcements as my announcements have pretty much worked throughout (all 3 OS2.10 versions). Unfortunately, my new DS2 mini is still playing up after this third OS update. On the one hand, it is great to see C4 making so many updates for bug fixes but a bit concerning that there are so many bugs (and from what I can see they are not fixed yet... of course, my Mini may also simply be a dud... Very difficult to sell at the moment).

After the latest 2.10 update my announcements are wonky again.  It first seemed like they weren't working.  But they are - sort of.

The problem may be triggered by playing any music stream after reboot before an announcement is played.

If music is playing announcements get backed up - one will play, but then if another is called it may take 5-10 seconds OR Announcement 2 is not heard until announcement 3 is triggered.  Then 30 seconds later another queued announcement plays.  

It seems like the last queued announcement gets stuck when it is triggered only to play some time after the NEXT announcement is triggered (which itself doesn't play until another one is triggered).    So it seems like announcements don't play, but they actually do - just not until sometime after the next one is triggered.  The strange behavior exists whether music is playing before an announcement is called or not.

Then, to name things more confusing, I can execute multiple doorbell calls in a row and they will work fine.  But then a subsequent one will start the weirdness described above.

so - whether the announcement you expect plays when you expect it to is a total crapshoot.

Yeah... I am having three announcement related problems... Have been playing a lot with my system today (hoping to get my Door Station problems sorted).  Three problems are:

1. This afternoon, I turned on music in my three year old’s room so that she could go to sleep to lullabye’s and this plyaed in half the house (loud) for about 30 seconds.  It should only have played in her room based on my programming (this is a button push that has worked for 3 years!).  The zones it played in were all of those that would have played lots of announcements earlier in the day...

2. I changed lots of things in my announcements (under agents) today - e.g. adding rooms, setting volumes, setting delays etc.  Lots of this did not save.  It appears that if you type numbers in (e.g. volume) this does not save. If you use the mouse (either to drag the volume level or to press the up and down arrows then this will be saved).

3. This may always have been an issue? And may be (silly and) intentional? If I change the delay on the announcement, it does not effect this change to already programmed announcements... To get this to work, I had to delete the code and Re-code the announcement post the change!

I don't think the problem with typing in numbers for volume not saving is new.  Same problem exists elsewhere (light levels).

i'm pretty sure I've also had the problem you describe in #1 too.  

I also have one announcement where the volume jumps noticeably for the last few seconds.

I am very sorry I upgraded to 2.10 and the latest version has made things worse. I was excited to finally get full screen video and bookmark type function on T3s but it hasnt been worth it.  

Having no confidence in whether an announcement is going to play as expected sucks.  If I could easily go back to 2.91 I would.  Control4 has managed to screw up two of the most used features - digital audio and announcements - and of course those are the most noticeable issues for guests.  Why didn't your doorbell ring?  Why can't I hear any music?  

@Derrick Cain  I hope you can get support to figure out what is going on and get the bugs in these two areas quashed.  

Ditto for the DS2 problems. I have always wanted a C4 Doorstation but it seems like they have are still problematic.  I feel sorry for those that have struggled with them.  A doorbell with sold two way communication is something that every automated house should want and C4 options are expensive and buggy.

We need a stable 2.10 release ASAP.   For those of us with no access to support other than having to tie up or dealer for hours and pay for their time to try and explain issues second hand it's not fun.  Especially when the response always seems to be some variation of wipe it out and start over.  im always amazed they never seem to want to review any log data.  It's "let's try this" "that didn't work, wipe the controller". "That didn't work, let's try something else".  Not a great customer experience and probably much worse for a customer that doesn't understand software support.

8 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I agree Announcements aren't right, but I have seen no problems with digital audio

Do you think there are still problems with the Door Stations? I have just spent 5 hours today trying to figure out what is going on with my DS2 mini and all I really know is that it is not working properly... I don’t know whether to send the unit back or wait for further Software Updates!

Do you think there are still problems with the Door Stations? I have just spent 5 hours today trying to figure out what is going on with my DS2 mini and all I really know is that it is not working properly... I don’t know whether to send the unit back or wait for further Software Updates!
No clue. Too new to know imho

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, msgreenf said:

I agree Announcements aren't right, but I have seen no problems with digital audio

I didn't have any problems with Digital Audio on the first 2 releases of 2.10.  It started on the latest 2.10

Are these sonos announcements or the C4 announcements?  I was having other issues so dealer upgraded me to 2.10

Now announcements do not seem to work on my Sonos Connect into my Matrix, but my Sonos Play 1 and 3 are getting the announcements.  On the rooms with just the connect I tried a native C4 announcement and no luck there either.

Feels sometimes like I am chasing my tail in a circle.  I just want a consistent doorbell to ring in various rooms in the house.

Sorry for the late response, as I was away without much internet access.  I already have  @jfh and @South Africa C4 user project information.  I know our developers' and engineers' priority is to continue ironing out announcements that seem to affect some intercom systems.  Others can also PM me with information that you might feel relative as well.

I apologize for any inconvenience and know our team is committed to getting it right.

5 hours ago, Derrick Cain said:

Sorry for the late response, as I was away without much internet access.  I already have  @jfh and @South Africa C4 user project information.  I know our developers' and engineers' priority is to continue ironing out announcements that seem to affect some intercom systems.  Others can also PM me with information that you might feel relative as well.

I apologize for any inconvenience and know our team is committed to getting it right.

Thank you Derrick.  If support needs any logs or additional information from me, please let me know.

After updating to the latest built:

Composer 2.10.0, Build 542492-res 
Director version: 2.10.0.542686-res 

Announcements start working again and run more smoothly with music already playing in the speakers.

But after two days. IT STOP WORKING AGAIN. I don't understand where is the problem.

One more issue i m facing is, if i m listing any music in Living room and i added Kitchen, then it won't work and when i tried again then it will work.

9 hours ago, ramesh.khiani said:

After updating to the latest built:

Composer 2.10.0, Build 542492-res 
Director version: 2.10.0.542686-res 

Announcements start working again and run more smoothly with music already playing in the speakers.

But after two days. IT STOP WORKING AGAIN. I don't understand where is the problem.

One more issue i m facing is, if i m listing any music in Living room and i added Kitchen, then it won't work and when i tried again then it will work.

I think you are going to need to wait for the next release of the OS... There have been a number of bugs relating to announcements and Door Stations. On the Doorstatiom side, I am seeing these appear after a day or two, so I suspect the issues are related.

I have talked with tech about this they say its has to to with a flash update in 2.10.0 you have to remove and redo the announcements. Even after doing that I have noticed that composer is when the room turns on it mutes and I dont hear them in certain rooms every now and the my fix for that was to mute off command when audio selection changes

1 hour ago, Robert Robran said:

I have talked with tech about this they say its has to to with a flash update in 2.10.0 you have to remove and redo the announcements. Even after doing that I have noticed that composer is when the room turns on it mutes and I dont hear them in certain rooms every now and the my fix for that was to mute off command when audio selection changes

The tech is just grasping at straws.  Multiple people have been told the same thing and done that without change.

The rooms coming on muted is a different problem then the announcements not playing. Good idea on the work around.  

• 2 weeks later...

So, last night I finally got around to updating to 2.10. It is seeming like that may have been a mistake. I've noticed none of my announcements are firing. I'm running the latest version as of last night so it should have any patches applied.

Is there anything that I can do to get these alive and going again? I'm willing to do anything, except recreate all the announcements and all the programming. I have a tremendous number of announcements.

Someone mentioned deleting the agent, manually deleting the files, rebooting the controller and then re-installing a backup of the project. Is that a workable solution?

With regards to announcements we have a HC800 and play our via T3 Touch Screen with no problems (We have plenty more)
Are you all using EA Controllers and Matrix ? 

I’ve got multiple controllers, but they include EA controllers and HC controllers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived