C4 Forums | Control4

Announcements not playing after 2.10 update

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been having this issue for some time as well.  After the upgrade to 2.10 my announcements would stop working after a while.  A reboot would solve it for a while, but eventually after upgrading to the latest version of 2.10 my announcements stopped.  I also noticed that anything playing on my HC-800 natively would not work.  Tunein, Pandor, My Music, etc.  Generally I use either chromecast musics or sonos connect so this was never a concern.  Tonight I was browsing around in composer and when I double clicked on the HC800 in my project I noticed that audio output 1 which was connected to my matrix was muted!  Turning the volume up and everything starting working again including announcements, Tunein, Pandora, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

My dealer upgraded my system to 2.10.0 quite some time ago but I have only just noticed that none of my previously configured announcements (nor indeed new ones) are working. I noticed the following error being reported in the audio3client log;

[6702] ERROR: AA: Announcement already playing. Can't prep another announcement.

Has anyone else seen a similar message? 

Dean

11 minutes ago, Deanpm said:

My dealer upgraded my system to 2.10.0 quite some time ago but I have only just noticed that none of my previously configured announcements (nor indeed new ones) are working. I noticed the following error being reported in the audio3client log;

[6702] ERROR: AA: Announcement already playing. Can't prep another announcement.

Has anyone else seen a similar message? 

Dean

what version of 2.10? there was a 2nd 2.10 release that fixed that

2 hours ago, ramesh.khiani said:

Yes !! Whereas it is fixed for the time being.

Restart controller and it works again but one for some time....

Still waiting for the permanent Fix. 

I have the same issue (latest version of OS2.10) and if I don’t reboot every couple of days my announcements stop working and so my door station.  After a reboot everything is fine again for a couple of days.

• 2 months later...

Sorry haven't posted an update for some time. The latest to 2.10.1 appears to have fixed all my announcement and intercom problems however this did require control 4 tech support to remotely access the controller and rebuild the freeswitch and intercom software as it still did not work after upgrading even though I had followed the online support and removed all of the intercom devices and reinstalled them and still no joy! 

Once c4 tech support had weaved there magic everything works fine...... Fingers crossed!! 

Sorry haven't posted an update for some time. The latest to 2.10.1 appears to have fixed all my announcement and intercom problems however this did require control 4 tech support to remotely access the controller and rebuild the freeswitch and intercom software as it still did not work after upgrading even though I had followed the online support and removed all of the intercom devices and reinstalled them and still no joy! 
Once c4 tech support had weaved there magic everything works fine...... Fingers crossed!! 

If I’m not mistaken it was a samba file issue the fix was to telnet into the processor and enable the older Samba protocol.

For some reason Control4 decided to update their samba version to the new one and didn’t tell anyone

Great !!

Glad you got it sorted
M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived