C4 Forums | Control4

Roomba 980 integration

ecschnei

I found this link on the web and was wondering if this would make it possible to integrate my Roomba 980 (We call her Molly) into our control4 environment.  https://github.com/koalazak/dorita980  There seems to be local and cloud control both available.  I'm sure the cost/benefit ratio is not great but.....I like cool stuff!!!

So if anyone has ideas and wants to sound off on it!!!

I've actually already implemented this and it works well.  Setting it up wasn't easy from what I recalled, but doable if you know anything about running Docker Containers ( running mines on a synology). Once you have it working going to the "website" of the docker container will issue which ever command you have.  Then using the generic TCP driver from Chowmain to hit that site.   I have my roomba start when I arm the alarm system, and if i disarm it before it finishes its job it will start heading back home, pretty useful.

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple of days with Lucille, I can see integration being more than gee whiz. She doesn't like to clean in the dark and she can't do it all in one pass. So turning on the lights in the far end of the house and having her clean there would be useful. 

Archived