C4 Forums | Control4

ShairBridge VS Apple

7 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

Any ideas

Do you also have a Speaker Point? I'm not a dealer or expert, but I remember when he added the Digital Audio he also added a Speaker Point in that room and in its properties, Advanced Audio is checked and Local Amp Mode is checked. I have no idea if this is relevant.

Before I upgraded to the EA-3 and Triad Audio Matrix, I had crazy long delays. 6 seconds to 30 seconds, or more. Before the EA-3 and Triad were installed, I had @VINCELdUB check out my networking remotely and make sure it was setup correctly for C4. My point is, I don't know if any one thing fixed my system or a combination of these.

Advanced audio increases the quality of audio being played through the outputs of your controllers. I would disable advanced audio and listen to the music that you normally do through shairbridge. If the sound is to you taste, and the speed of response is increased, leave it that way. If you notice a difference in quality, then re-enable it and networking will have to be looked at to improve network latency.

Happy Automating!!

I should also note, the airport time capsule should not be your router. This has to do with the way it handles broadcast network traffic. In my experience, this causes a lot of issues with how control4 inter communicates with its own products. Multicast is the term I believe. I would recommend a proper router like a pakedge RK-1. Expensive, but will work the best as far as my experience tells me to ensure your network traffic is handled well. Another option, is the unifi USG router because of the unifi aps you already have.

Happy Automating!!

1 hour ago, brucecampbell said:

I've removed the HC300 from my digital audio, which then auto enabled Advanced Audio.

Spotify->ShariBridge has a delay now reduces from around 7-8 seconds to 4-5 seconds.

Better, but still not perfect.

While this doesn't solve the question on the speed - and note that some delay is NORMAL because C4 will buffer the stream enough to ensure proper sync between it's own devices - why aren't you using Spotify Connect (upgrade to 2.10 required)?

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

While this doesn't solve the question on the speed - and note that some delay is NORMAL because C4 will buffer the stream enough to ensure proper sync between it's own devices - why aren't you using Spotify Connect (upgrade to 2.10 required)?

Fair question. (And until 3 weeks ago, I was still on 2.5.2.)

The key reason right now is cost.

I am still running a contact and relay and on screen navigator from my HC300 - which becomes redundant if I upgrade.

I can't yet justify $2k for an additional controller. Or $1300 for a contact/relay extender.

I've seen other options for adding additional relays and contacts which I will need to look into further, then perhaps can go ahead with the upgrade.

in the mean time, I'm just trying to get everything running as best I can with 2.9

Cheers.

Fair question. (And until 3 weeks ago, I was still on 2.5.2.)
The key reason right now is cost.
I am still running a contact and relay and on screen navigator from my HC300 - which becomes redundant if I upgrade.
I can't yet justify $2k for an additional controller. Or $1300 for a contact/relay extender.
I've seen other options for adding additional relays and contacts which I will need to look into further, then perhaps can go ahead with the upgrade.
in the mean time, I'm just trying to get everything running as best I can with 2.9
Cheers.

Would a 250 not replace the 300 well? You could do that for sub 200

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Would a 250 not replace the 300 well? You could do that for sub 200

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Sure, a 250 would be a perfect substitute for the 300 - it has a single relay and contact which I need.

But my list of C4 prices (from last year) has an RRP of $1,900 on this little bundle of joy. (That is over $1300 USD)

- The hardware is not cheap here in NZ. - hence enjoying the HC800 and looking at options to expand using just one controller.

On 01/11/2017 at 4:40 PM, VINCELdUB said:

I should also note, the airport time capsule should not be your router. This has to do with the way it handles broadcast network traffic. In my experience, this causes a lot of issues with how control4 inter communicates with its own products. Multicast is the term I believe. I would recommend a proper router like a pakedge RK-1. Expensive, but will work the best as far as my experience tells me to ensure your network traffic is handled well. Another option, is the unifi USG router because of the unifi aps you already have.

Happy Automating!!

How can I convince my dealer to go ahead with the upgrade to the USG? We initially had 5 airport expresses instead of the Unifi APs but I upgraded them myself because of WiFi issues. Dealer seems to be against the idea of me replacing the router because of all the configuration changes needed but I don't think it's something we should have to pay for if it could easily be the cause of the lags with lighting and sound we are having.

How can I convince my dealer to go ahead with the upgrade to the USG? We initially had 5 airport expresses instead of the Unifi APs but I upgraded them myself because of WiFi issues. Dealer seems to be against the idea of me replacing the router because of all the configuration changes needed but I don't think it's something we should have to pay for if it could easily be the cause of the lags with lighting and sound we are having.
Why shouldn't you have to pay for it?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

On 03/11/2017 at 9:18 AM, msgreenf said:

Why shouldn't you have to pay for it?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

I just don't think it's something that should take that long - plug in the USG over an ethernet port to adopt it to the UniFi controller, sort out the DHCP reservations and network settings and then unplug it out of standard ethernet port and replace the TC with it.

Archived