Jump to content
videostorm

C4 driver for nVidia Shield

Recommended Posts

Ok, I just updated version 1.7 to add the ability to use the full "QLAUNCH ....." app url as the APP_ID in the mini driver.  If the mini driver APP_ID contains "QLAUNCH", then it will just send the APP_ID directly as the command.  Otherwise it will search for a package name match, then a key name match, and finally the "Custom App X" match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok have implemented the home button mapped to guide as per request.

Remember our driver has automatic room on and room off functionality built in.  This means that you can cast content to your shield from your phone, tablet or event using Google Home and Control4 will automatically turn on the tv, receiver to the right input.

After a period of silence Control4 will turn off the system if the shield is still the current selected source in case you have paused and have forgotten about it (definable in the driver's properties)

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/irusb-control4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Ok have implemented the home button mapped to guide as per request.

Remember our driver has automatic room on and room off functionality built in.  This means that you can cast content to your shield from your phone, tablet or event using Google Home and Control4 will automatically turn on the tv, receiver to the right input.

After a period of silence Control4 will turn off the system if the shield is still the current selected source in case you have paused and have forgotten about it (definable in the driver's properties)

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/irusb-control4

as always, thanks for the rapid and continued development of your drivers! 

one thing that is a weird issue with your driver, though, is that when ANY media starts playing (let's take plex for example), it invokes the room's default volume. even if i pause/unpause, or it auto-plays the next track. for now we've disabled default volumes in rooms, but the one other customer who wants the "bleeding edge" stuff has noted it's an issue for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Christopher Spitler said:

as always, thanks for the rapid and continued development of your drivers! 

one thing that is a weird issue with your driver, though, is that when ANY media starts playing (let's take plex for example), it invokes the room's default volume. even if i pause/unpause, or it auto-plays the next track. for now we've disabled default volumes in rooms, but the one other customer who wants the "bleeding edge" stuff has noted it's an issue for him. 

Normally i'm quicker but it is getting hard for me to keep up with the forums (as much as i love it).  We are getting more and more contracts so its hard for me come to the forum let alone to keep up with threads like this.

Best way to contact us is via email or via the contact us page on our website.

Email me some logs capturing it the problem (I thought this had something to do with the automatic room on stuff and i couldn't replicate it on my test bench).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Normally i'm quicker but it is getting hard for me to keep up with the forums (as much as i love it).  We are getting more and more contracts so its hard for me come to the forum let alone to keep up with threads like this.

Best way to contact us is via email or via the contact us page on our website.

Email me some logs capturing it the problem (I thought this had something to do with the automatic room on stuff and i couldn't replicate it on my test bench).

will do shortly. thanks man, and will work through your email forum for proper issue tracking :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Christopher Spitler said:

will do shortly. thanks man, and will work through your email forum for proper issue tracking :)

Yeah forums are the worst way of troubleshooting problems.  I won't be on the forums as much over the next 7 weeks.  Have 5 contracts to finish up and a 2 week holiday.  Email will always get through to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alanchow said:

Yeah forums are the worst way of troubleshooting problems.  I won't be on the forums as much over the next 7 weeks.  Have 5 contracts to finish up and a 2 week holiday.  Email will always get through to me.

damn. that's a lot! fwiw, i should be in melbourne in spring, will owe  you a few pints 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, elee532 said:

This forum wouldn’t be the same without@alanchow! emoji846.png


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love c4forums.  Just finding less and less time to visit.  Its hard to find time for my passion c4 drivers even! :(

Anyway more contracts for us means more free drivers!

20 minutes ago, Christopher Spitler said:

damn. that's a lot! fwiw, i should be in melbourne in spring, will owe  you a few pints 

Come by the office.  I'll show you all the stuff we're working on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Tested 1.7 with a mini-driver for Pluto TV with the APP_ID set to QLAUNCH android-app://tv.pluto.android#Intent;component=tv.pluto.android/.leanback.controller.LeanbackSplashOnboardActivity;end

Works perfectly!

I've got mini-drivers to update!

So far so good.... Cooking Channel, Food Channel, Pluto TV all work great.  I can't get Crackle to work.  I have it working from a custom button but not from a mini-driver.  Command:

QLAUNCH android-app://com.gotv.crackle.handset#Intent;component=com.gotv.crackle.handset/com.crackle.alwayson.app.HomeActivity;end

Russell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the problem.  For the built-in apps, I think it does the lookup by name, and for Crackle, it sends this command in the debug log:

QLAUNCH android-app://com.gotv.crackle.handset#Intent;component=com.gotv.crackle.handset/.CrackleBootActivity;end

But that is not the correct APP ID.

QLAUNCH android-app://com.gotv.crackle.handset#Intent;component=com.gotv.crackle.handset/com.crackle.alwayson.app.HomeActivity;end

So I think the logic should be if APP ID <> empty use APP ID else use APP NAME lookup?

Ok I can tell from the debug log that it looks up the application name com.gotv.crackle.handset and if it finds it uses the built-in QLAUNCH, which in this instance is wrong for Crackle.

And I can't get History channel to work from a mim-driver, but I can from a button. driver attached.

RussellB

amazonfire_irusb_history.c4z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One issue I've noticed is that PAGE UP does not work in Kodi while looking through movies.  PAGE DOWN works however.  Has anyone experienced this as well?  I' using 1.6 IRUSB driver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More testing creating mini-apps.  For some reason the driver isn't picking up the APP ID QLAUNCH command.

I created three mini-apps, A&E, History and HGTV.

I tested the QLAUNCH commands for each by assigning them to remote buttons before saving them in the driver.  All worked.

Only HGTV works.

Here is the LUA output for HGTV and A&E

HGTV

Proxy id 1100 Attached source id: 1158 named HGTV
Source app is QLAUNCH android-app://tv.accedo.hgtv#Intent;component=tv.accedo.hgtv/com.snidigital.androidtv.ui.splash.SplashActivity;end\r
App launching QLAUNCH android-app://tv.accedo.hgtv#Intent;component=tv.accedo.hgtv/com.snidigital.androidtv.ui.splash.SplashActivity;end\r
Send RS232 command (QLAUNCH android-app://tv.accedo.hgtv#Intent;component=tv.accedo.hgtv/com.snidigital.androidtv.ui.splash.SplashActivity;end\r

A&E

Source app is com.aetn.aetv.watch
App to launch is com.aetn.aetv.watch
Room 912:Fire TV Applications is selecting 0
Proxy id 1100 Attached source id: 1162 named A&E

Looks like for some reason it's treating them differently.

amazonfire_irusb_ae.c4z

amazonfire_irusb_hgtv.c4z

amazonfire_irusb_history.c4z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russel,

The lua code in your ae and history drivers isn't copying the APP_ID property to the APP_ID variable (it is hard coded).  Just use the lua code in the hgtv driver, it is doing it correctly.

Our driver reads the value of the APP_ID variable (because we can't read the property directly...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

One issue I've noticed is that PAGE UP does not work in Kodi while looking through movies.  PAGE DOWN works however.  Has anyone experienced this as well?  I' using 1.6 IRUSB driver

Yep, that one was mis-mapped.  Fixed in version 1.8 on our web site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I JUST figured out the driver.lua was doing that and got them to work!  I copied the driver.lua from the custom channel and everything's right as the mail.  Time to crank out drivers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, videostorm said:

Yep, that one was mis-mapped.  Fixed in version 1.8 on our web site.

Can you send the link for the correct driver?  There are so many drivers I'm not sure which is the correct one to use so I can forward it to my dealer to update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have spent 3 days struggling to get the mini drivers working just to discover that I was on the driver I downloaded from 3/11 and the qlaunch in the latest solved all my problems for custom apps.  Laughing and crying into my coffee right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've missed something somewhere.  I have version 1.9 of the Video Storm driver installed and decided to try using the mini-drivers for direct access to Netflix, Hulu, etc. from the watch menu instead of the colored buttons but can't find them in the search menu anywhere. Do I need to create the mini-drivers? If so, are there instructions on this?

 

I've decided to not pursue Slacker as a custom app as Slacker wants a touch/mouse interface so it doesn't work to well with the remote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, icefloe01 said:

I've missed something somewhere.  I have version 1.9 of the Video Storm driver installed and decided to try using the mini-drivers for direct access to Netflix, Hulu, etc. from the watch menu instead of the colored buttons but can't find them in the search menu anywhere. Do I need to create the mini-drivers? If so, are there instructions on this?

 

I've decided to not pursue Slacker as a custom app as Slacker wants a touch/mouse interface so it doesn't work to well with the remote.

You can use the same mini drivers from the older Fire TV driver.  You can also make your own by just modifying the APP id variable in the driver as described in this thread.  @RussellB made a lot of mini drivers.  You could ask for his database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using videostorm's driver v1.6

Is anyone experiencing random 15-30 second delays when a mini driver is selected?

I select a minidriver and then control becomes unavailable for 15-30 secs. It doesn't happen every time and it appear to be random across all mini drivers. After the delay i get control back. Seems it mostly happens when turning on the system, but it also happens randomly when switching between mini drivers.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Anyone have thoughts on what might be causing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, htjunkie said:

Can I buy this IRUSB dongle anywhere in Canada?  Shipping is expensive to Canada.  Much appreciate any help.

No, you can only buy it via our web site.  The flat rate shipping to Canada is the same for up to 6 IRUSBs, so if you need more (or your friends need some) it makes it a lot less expensive per unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, htjunkie said:

Can I buy this IRUSB dongle anywhere in Canada?  Shipping is expensive to Canada.  Much appreciate any help.

You have to consider that this type of integration is very niche (Control4 automation).  Whatever the cost, if it works, its WELL worth the price to get it shipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×