C4 Forums | Control4

C4 driver for nVidia Shield

videostorm

@videostorm, is it expected that the app will start and communication will work from the c4 remote > shield upon a reboot? i've always selected "open this app by default" and the other one, but when the device reboots, i always have to get the shield remote and manually open the irusb app for it to work. 

6 minutes ago, Christopher Spitler said:

@videostorm, is it expected that the app will start and communication will work from the c4 remote > shield upon a reboot? i've always selected "open this app by default" and the other one, but when the device reboots, i always have to get the shield remote and manually open the irusb app for it to work. 

The app will auto start from power cycle.  It take about 3 minutes AFTER boot is complete for the app to come online.

From a soft reboot, IRUSB may not automatically start (device dependent).  Android devices don't normally reboot though, so you would have to do that via the menu (or maybe a platform software update, which also needs menu confirmation).

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HoustonC4Programmer said:

Can anyone tell me the app address for the app TinyCam Pro on Nvidia Shield? I am trying to program it to a custom mini app. Thank you in advance.

I believe the easiest way to locate that is to find the app on google play then look at the URL in your browser:

hllps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alexvas.dvr.pro&hl=en_US

videostorm,

Looks like Amazon Video changed the app id with it's latest update from com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom.nvidia to com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom

Can you update your tables with the following:

QLAUNCH android-app://com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom#Intent;component=com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom/com.amazon.ignition.IgnitionActivity;end

thanks!

13 hours ago, GregC said:

videostorm,

Looks like Amazon Video changed the app id with it's latest update from com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom.nvidia to com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom

Can you update your tables with the following:

QLAUNCH android-app://com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom#Intent;component=com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom/com.amazon.ignition.IgnitionActivity;end

thanks!

Will do.  Any others that need an update?

• 1 month later...

I ordered two iRUSBs, one for each one of my Shields, and I had my installer install the drivers. Iguess I’m a little confused how to get it working. I installed the app from Google Play, hooked up the IRUSB, and I thought I would be able to control the Shield via IP using my Control4 remote, but I guess I’m missing a step somewhere. I opened the IRUSB app, but I don’t know if I need to change anything inside the app and if I wanted to install the mini apps, with direct access to some of the apps on my Shield using my C4 T3 navigator.

Like I mentioned, all I’ve done is have my installer load the driver onto my controller, installed the IRUSB app, and plugged in the IRUSB. What else do I need to do to get it working, and if I wanted to have the ability to setup the mini apps, does this require another driver to be installed on the controller or is there something else I need to do to get it working correctly? Please excuse my ignorance, but I’m not a Control4 guru or anything. After reading through some of the functionality it provides, I know I wanted to be able to use it, especially since I can’t use the Shild controller unless I use an extra long active USB mini cable. All of my equipment, including the Shield, is installed in my equipment room where I can’t use the original Shield controller wirelessly. 

I would really appreciate any additional info I need done before being able to use the IRUSB. Thanks!

11 hours ago, rolldog said:

I ordered two iRUSBs, one for each one of my Shields, and I had my installer install the drivers. Iguess I’m a little confused how to get it working. I installed the app from Google Play, hooked up the IRUSB, and I thought I would be able to control the Shield via IP using my Control4 remote, but I guess I’m missing a step somewhere. I opened the IRUSB app, but I don’t know if I need to change anything inside the app and if I wanted to install the mini apps, with direct access to some of the apps on my Shield using my C4 T3 navigator.

Like I mentioned, all I’ve done is have my installer load the driver onto my controller, installed the IRUSB app, and plugged in the IRUSB. What else do I need to do to get it working, and if I wanted to have the ability to setup the mini apps, does this require another driver to be installed on the controller or is there something else I need to do to get it working correctly? Please excuse my ignorance, but I’m not a Control4 guru or anything. After reading through some of the functionality it provides, I know I wanted to be able to use it, especially since I can’t use the Shild controller unless I use an extra long active USB mini cable. All of my equipment, including the Shield, is installed in my equipment room where I can’t use the original Shield controller wirelessly. 

I would really appreciate any additional info I need done before being able to use the IRUSB. Thanks!

did you refresh navigators?  in the IRusb app do you see the usb adapter as connected on the top?  If not click Refresh.  Did your dealer put in the right IP for the firetv?

For mini-apps your dealer has to install the mini-app drivers...

12 hours ago, rolldog said:

Things to check:

1.  You have USB debugging disabled on the shield (developer mode options).  Developer mode off also works.

2.  In the IRUSB app, you don't need to change any settings there.  Just make sure you are seeing the DEVICE ID for your IRUSB in the app.  If not, use the "Refresh" button.

Your installer will need to load the driver and bind it to the IP address of the shield, then make the navigator connections to your TV/Switch/etc.  They can also attach the mini drivers for you.

2 hours ago, videostorm said:

Things to check:

1.  You have USB debugging disabled on the shield (developer mode options).  Developer mode off also works.

2.  In the IRUSB app, you don't need to change any settings there.  Just make sure you are seeing the DEVICE ID for your IRUSB in the app.  If not, use the "Refresh" button.

Your installer will need to load the driver and bind it to the IP address of the shield, then make the navigator connections to your TV/Switch/etc.  They can also attach the mini drivers for you.

Awesome, thanks! They're scheduled to come out tomorrow, so I'll add it to their "to do" list.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have experience using the Chowmain driver with casting? In our setup the driver is great - however, specifically on casting, there is a very long delay between starting the cast and the TV being turned on. Presumably the shield comes on immediately since the cast connects and plays, but the monitor takes 3-4 or more minutes to turn on, obviously problematic. Appreciate any insights folks here may have with this!

For what it is worth, I have turned off the Shield feature to use HDMI-CEC to turn on the monitor as it appears to turn it back on, after turning off, if anything is playing. Clearly the driver is eventually signalling (via IR through the IRUSB emitter in my case) the monitor to turn on, just after a lengthy delay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, videostorm said:

IRUSB now supports long key press and held buttons (in beta).  If you would like to try the new software join the beta test at

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.videostorm.irusb

You will also need the updated C4 driver on our web site.

@alanchow any plans to support this update for long keypress in the kodi driver?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.