C4 Forums | Control4

Crestron vs Control4

ejn1

Just curious the forums views on compare and contrast of Crestron vs C4?   I was looking at a home that has a full home Crestron automation solution installed with touchscreens, lighting and AV control.   If I were to proceed would it be worthwhile to remove my C4 system and replace the Crestron or live with the latter?

thx!

1 hour ago, sonic30101 said:

Hard to say for sure, but with crestron there is nothing remotely close to HE at all. Plus the programing is much more time consuming so more expensive to make changes

yeah, that was my suspicion... I doubt i'll get this house in the end but if I did, i'm likely to just move my C4 gear over as I'm very comfortable with it.

Assuming it works and is up-to-date (hasn't been totally neglected) I sure wouldn't remove the Crestron. And removing the C4 from your home would do what to its value? Highly market dependent. Would be a lot of expense on your part to maintain a hobby (Composer HE).

54 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Assuming it works and is up-to-date (hasn't been totally neglected) I sure wouldn't remove the Crestron. And removing the C4 from your home would do what to its value? Highly market dependent. Would be a lot of expense on your part to maintain a hobby (Composer HE).

Not that hard for me to remove and honestly home buyers rarely pay the true value of a home automation system imo unless they are specing it new....   I would leave a few things behind but not my full system 

I don't think Pyng is much more user-centric than 'classic' Crestron.

From what I've read, Pyng still requires a Crestron dealer to sell and install the product, Pyng *does* allow you to adjust lighting scenes, etc., after install, but not programming the same as ComposerHE.

Mind you, I'm not a Crestron dealer, and I am more than a bit partisan, so take it for what it's worth.

:)

RyanE

4 hours ago, RyanE said:

I don't think Pyng is much more user-centric than 'classic' Crestron.

From what I've read, Pyng still requires a Crestron dealer to sell and install the product, Pyng *does* allow you to adjust lighting scenes, etc., after install, but not programming the same as ComposerHE.

Mind you, I'm not a Crestron dealer, and I am more than a bit partisan, so take it for what it's worth.

:)

RyanE

Not disagreeing with you at all but if the house is full of crestron lighting, shades, thermostats, audio, etc. then replacing a classic Crestron system with Pyng would be a cheaper option to get more control than ripping everything out and putting in Control4.

18 hours ago, therockhr said:

Not disagreeing with you at all but if the house is full of crestron lighting, shades, thermostats, audio, etc. then replacing a classic Crestron system with Pyng would be a cheaper option to get more control than ripping everything out and putting in Control4.

Thing is that I have all of my control 4 gear so the only real work is changing the light switches and programming updates

Archived