C4 Forums | Control4

Programming Wake Ups

Interested to know how people are using the wake up agent.

It looks pretty handy to have the enable/disable and time selections via the SR260 remote, but how are people programming the agent to auto repeat the next day, or to not fire on weekends and holidays?

I'm still using custom buttons along with scheduler and programming as my morning wake up alarm, which I set up about 9 years ago.

Wondering if it's time for a change...

Looks cool, if only I had a T3 touch screen :)

I had touch screens since starting with C4 back in 2008 ish and while they worked well, I found we never used them. 

So now with V2.9 we use the remotes, sensors, alexa and phones - barely even touch a light switch now.

We have the wake up agent fire a macro to do what we want. We set time on an iOS device. Macro runs weekdays only. Here is a ‘wake-up’ Button in each room that toggles a variable. When the wake up variable is active, the led on the keypad lights. Wake up only fires when variable is true (so can turn off for holidays without having to go into the app)

I have a macro selected in scene one of my wakeup agent. no media and no lighting - just a macro.

however, the macro is not executing when my wakeup executes.

If I add programming to run the macro 'when wakeup executes' it works fine.

Am I missing something here???

Wake Up Agent:

image.thumb.png.85ac398ec9de2916ece47e5c3e651b42.png

I then use the SR250 remote in my master bedroom:

List->Comfort->wakeup->master bedroom =>

enabled = true

Time = 06:55am

Nothing happened this morning....

Macro:

All the variables and clauses in the macro are correct - it's just not being triggered by the wakeup??

image.png.f722be7aae0a10280bfcb30f63a42766.png

I use the Wakeup agent and have a macro selected in there for the actions with lighting and music settings plugged directly into the agent. However, my wife and I work very weird schedules and it's nearly impossible for us to hard-program anything into Composer that would work when we want it. 

I got around this by triggering the Wakeup agent with the IFTTT driver from @alanchow. That way, I can just schedule "good morning" in my Google calendar from my phone (or wherever) when we actually want it to happen and the scene is triggered via IFTTT. I don't have to go into Composer or the on-screen to make it happen and don't accidentally leave it on when one of us is sleeping later. This may be an option to consider if your schedule is slightly erratic like mine.

I was previously using variable and scheduler.

we have a pretty stable schedule where we get up just before 7 on weekdays, and don't need a wake up on weekends.

The wake up seemed to be ideal, as I can use my remote to change the time if I ever need to, or to disable it for holidays etc.

And it will simply default to being enabled the rest of the time.

I just haven't yet figured out why it is not executing the macro.

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Cause it's a weekday

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

I think you have misread the macro.

on weekdays, it bypasses the weekend check and will play station 'More FM' in the master bedroom.

The macro works fine - it has for the last 9 years when it's been run from a scheduler event.

It seems to be the wake up is simply not executing at 06:55am

To try and add some clarification here:

in composer - if I click on the 'Execute Scene' button for my wakeup agent - nothing happens.

If I add programming 'when wakeup scene master Bedroom executes' => 'Execute Macro 'Master Bedroom Wakeup' and then click 'Execute Scene for the wakeup agent - the macro runs fine.

If I set my wakeup to enabled and time= 06:55am - nothing happens at 6:55 in the morning...

Just now, South Africa C4 user said:

Have you tried deleting and re-adding the wake up agent?

I've deleted the wakeup and started again, but not the agent - I'll try that next.

It is very weird though - I did some testing last night and everything was working ok but again this morning, the radio did not come on.

Testing:

I added a line of code to the macro to turn a light on - at the same point where the code to turn on the radio is.

I used the remote in room lounge and set the wakeup to come on at 10.00pm.

@10, both the light and the radio came on.

I used the remote in room master bedroom and set the wakeup to come on at 10:05pm

@10:05, both the light and the radio came on.

I removed the line of code for the light.

I used the remote in room master bedroom and set the wakeup to come on at 10:10pm

@10:10, the radio came on.

All working how I expect it to.

I used the remote in room master bedroom and set the wakeup to come on at 06:55am

Nothing happened this morning...... Is there any process that would get in the way of the wakeup triggering? - I have my wifi switch off overnight but surely that can't be a cause.

29 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

If you can, leave a light to turn on on the wakeup for now, not from the agent, but programmed on "wHEN wakeup execute"... - it'll tell you (and us) if the wakeup is at least being triggered or not. That will eliminate about half the possible reasons.

Will do - I'll code it tonight and see what happens tomorrow morning.

I deleted the wakeup, and removed the agent.

Added the agent and created a new wakeup. I set up the wakeup identical to the previous one.

I added light on commands to various points in the macro and the execute function.

All the lights and the audio came on this morning @ 06:55am as expected.

I have removed the lights on commands from the code and fingers crossed it all works fine from now on.....

35 minutes ago, brucecampbell said:

I deleted the wakeup, and removed the agent.

Added the agent and created a new wakeup. I set up the wakeup identical to the previous one.

I added light on commands to various points in the macro and the execute function.

All the lights and the audio came on this morning @ 06:55am as expected.

I have removed the lights on commands from the code and fingers crossed it all works fine from now on.....

If not, when you get a chance, add the light back in, and just set the time a few times while you're up and about.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

If not, when you get a chance, add the light back in, and just set the time a few times while you're up and about.

Thanks for the advice - I did that with the first wakeup I created and all was working well at various times in the evening, but for some reason it didn't trigger at 6:55am

1 minute ago, brucecampbell said:

Thanks for the advice - I did that with the first wakeup I created and all was working well at various times in the evening, but for some reason it didn't trigger at 6:55am

Didn't trigger WITH the light programmed - AND the light didn't go on either? That is wehre the question lies: is the event not triggering at all, or is the music part not triggering.

20 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Didn't trigger WITH the light programmed - AND the light didn't go on either? That is wehre the question lies: is the event not triggering at all, or is the music part not triggering.

That is exactly the question, and testing so far has not been able to answer that question - given each test in the evening worked as expected, and this morning everything worked too.

I would like to know what was wrong, but will be satisfied if the wakeup just works from now on....

Archived